Smart Teachers is recruiting for an SEN Teacher / Special Education Teacher / Special Educational Needs Teacher to teach primary students at a lovely new school in Brent. This is a well-resourced school run by a charity that caters for students with social, emotional, and mental health (SEMH) difficulties. The successful SEN Teacher / Special Education Teacher / Special Educational Needs Teacher will be responsible for teaching a small class of 2-3 Key Stage 2 pupils. The role is to commence as soon as possible, with a possibility of a long-term role for the right candidate.
About the Role
• SEN Teacher / Special Needs Teacher / Special Educational Needs Teacher
• Will be teaching primary students with SEMH (social, emotional, and mental health) difficulties
• ASAP start
• Temporary contract with the potential of a long-term role for the right candidate
• Responsible for teaching a small class of 2-3 Key Stage 2 pupils
• Role to begin as soon as possible with a possibility of a permanent contract for the right candidate
• Daily rate starting from £130 depending on experience
About the School
• Newly opened Primary Pupil Referral Unit in Brent
• Small class sizes with 1:1 support staff in each class
• All students have a statement of Special Educational Needs
• Caters for children with SEMH (social, emotional, and mental health difficulties)
• Soft-play room and a therapy room on site
• Range of therapists to work with the children and their families
• Specialised music room
• School provides CPD training for staff
• Close to transport links
In order to be considered for this role, the SEN Teacher / Special Needs Teacher / Special Educational Needs Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
• Must have QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)
• Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum
• Strong behaviour management skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
• Free CPD workshops
• Regular social events
• Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number NVC179533.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.