Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant (SENTA)
Salary: £18,000 to £21,000 per annum
Location: East London Independent School, E15 4HT
Contract: Permanent, Term time only
An inspiring opportunity to take your career to the next level and help shape the lives of our most vulnerable young people.
The Complete Education Solution (TCES)
TCES is an independent provider of specialist education based in London supporting exceptional neurodiverse children and young people aged 7 to 19 who have special educational needs and disabilities typically associated with autism, social emotional and mental health needs and associated disorders. Most of them will have experienced multiple placement breakdowns and significant trauma, often resulting in behaviour that challenges. On average pupils will have been excluded from other provisions up to three times before reaching us and had significant periods out of education.
At TCES we pride ourselves on practicing real, authentic inclusion. Since our inception no pupil has been permanently excluded from any of our schools or services, and there have been no fixed term exclusions since 2018.
TCES pupils learn at one of our four schools or within our Home Learning service; Create Learning and Create Learning Primary support our most complex and vulnerable pupils, with TCES East London and TCES North West London supporting those who are able to access learning within a school environment. When they are ready, we aim for pupils to step down from Create into one of our main schools.
TCES East London Independent School is an Ofsted Good rated day school specialising in the Arts, with all pupils encouraged to find and express their creativity and supported to achieve awards alongside traditional subjects.
The Role - Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant (SENTA)
We are seeking passionate and dedicated Teaching Assistants with a genuine commitment to supporting neurodiverse pupils achieve positive outcomes in their education.
Essential requirements to be successful in the role are:
- Hold Literacy and Numeracy qualifications at level two or above (or equivalent qualifications).
- Recent experience of direct working with young people with ASC and/or SEMH.
- Experience of engaging pupils with learning, through effective communication and full understanding of a pupil’s needs.
- Be a positive role model, understanding that behaviour is a form of communication.
- Skilled in de-escalation, with resilience and patience.
In return we offer:
- An opportunity to make a real difference and join a leading provider of specialist education, directly contributing towards positive outcomes for pupils with SEMH and ASC.
- Excellent CPD opportunities with all staff provided an individual Learning & Development Plan to support career development, including education qualifications at all levels (QTS / QTLS / NPQs) and options to take progressive Ofqual registered Level 3 – 5 qualifications in Therapeutic Education.
- Comprehensive induction process, including all pupil-facing staff supported in receiving the Level 3 Award in Therapeutic Education and Group Process.
- Regular half termly staff wellbeing days.
- A range of employee support and wellbeing benefits including our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), counselling and contributions towards medical costs and an exclusive rewards platform.
Closing date 12 December 2021
Please complete the application form and equal opportunities form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCES is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects all staff to share this commitment. The appointment is subject to all relevant checks such as references, medical clearance and a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.
The Complete Education Solution (TCES) is a group of Ofsted rated Good and Outstanding schools and services for pupils aged 7 to 19 with an Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC) and/or Social Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs. We are committed to ...