Smart Teachers is pleased to represent an ‘Outstanding’ special school looking to recruit a dedicated Special Needs Support Assistant to join their ambitious setting based in Ealing. The school caters students aged between 5 and 18 years who have a range of needs including emotional, social, behavioural, and communication difficulties. This position is available from January 2020, and the successful candidate will be on a long-term contract with a possibility of becoming permanent.
About the Role
• Special Needs Support Assistant
• Supporting students with a wide range of educational and behavioural difficulties including ADHD, SpLD, SEBD, OCD and Asperger’s
• Long-term contract with the possibility to go permanent for the right candidate
• Daily rate of £70-£85 (dependent on experience)
About the School
• ‘Outstanding’ school from Ofsted Report in 2015
• The school cater education for students and young adults with special educational needs
• The local authorities in West London work with teachers and offer multi-sensory teaching programmes and therapeutic family support services which are provided by specialists.
• The senior leader team fully support their members of staff
• The school’s vision of supporting students with special needs is shared by the whole school
• Close to transport links and street parking available
In order to be considered for this role, the Special Needs Support Assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
• Have recent classroom experience in the UK (minimum 6 weeks essential)
• Previous experience with SEN (SEMH, ASD, MLD, SLD, PMLD, complex needs) (essential)
• Comfortable with personal care (desirable, but not essential)
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number NVC26881SNSA
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.