Smart Teachers is recruiting for a special needs support assistant to work with special needs children and young people on weekends and during school holidays. The special needs support assistant will be working with young people aged between 5 and 25 years old. The service users at this centre all have a variety of needs, including autism, severe learning difficulties, complex needs and may require assistance with personal care and toileting. The special needs support assistant will need to be flexible in their approach to working with these young people, and some work may take place out in the local community as well as at the centre itself. This is based in the London Borough of Harrow.
About the Role
• Special needs support assistant
• Working with a variety of children and young people with special needs aged between 5 and 25 years old
• Temporary contracts available on the weekends and during the school holidays
• The hourly pay rate is £9.20
• This is a play based role, which can include painting, drawing, outside play, sensory rooms etc
• Some work will take place outside in the community, and this can include shopping, using transport, trips to the p[ark and the library as well as other day trips
• The hours on the weekend are typically 10.30-15.30 on Saturdays, and 9.30-14.30 on Sundays, however these can vary depending on a number of factors
• Most children and young people at this centre require 1:1 support
• There are a number of positions available that are based at the centre, and others that will be in the local community
About the School
• A service provided to children and young people with disabilities
• They offer after school support clubs, weekend playschemes and an outreach service
• A large bright centre catering for children with special needs.
• On site there is a large outside space, bright and well equipped sensory and play rooms
• Parking is available at this centre
• Accessible by a variety of transport links, including local buses and the overground
• Caters for children and young people aged between 5 and 25 years old
In order to be considered for this role, the special needs support assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
• Proven experience working with children and young people within the special needs sector
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number LXD155218.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.