Smart Teachers is pleased to represent an ‘outstanding’ special school based in Southwark looking to recruit a Special Needs Support Assistant / SEN TA to join them from September 2017 due to school expansion. The specialist school provides education for students aged between 11 and 19 years, and there is a wide range of needs including severe and complex learning disabilities, sensory or physical disabilities and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. This is a full-time position, and for the right candidate, there is a possibility to become a permanent member of staff.
About the Role
· Special Needs Support Assistant / SEN TA
· Positively supporting students with SLD (Severe Learning Difficulties), PMLD (Profound Multiple Learning Difficulties) and ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder)
· Full-time / long-term teaching role to start in September 2017 with the possibility to become permanent
· Competitive daily rate starting at £70 per day
About the School
· Providing education for students aged between 11 and 19 years old with special educational needs including severe and complex learning disabilities, sensory or physical disabilities and ASD
· Rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted
· Exceptional and enhanced facilities including hydrotherapy suite, music room and garden, art and design studios, and a physical exploration area with trampoline and interactive technology
· Regular working hours are 09:00 until 16:00
· Easy to access to high-quality training and professional development courses
· Located close to Elephant and Castle underground station
In order to be considered for this role, you will need to meet the following criteria:
· Have proven UK classroom-based experience: minimum of six weeks full-time work
· Existing special school experience
· Childcare / SEN / related qualification
· Have a particular interest in or experience of meeting health care needs
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Ongoing CPD workshops including Phonics, EAL, Behaviour Management, Child Safeguarding, and SEND
· Competitive pay rates that are negotiable based on experience
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference number HZM1306.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.