Falkland Islands Government - Education Department
Special Needs Teacher
Primary Special Needs Teacher
Dates: Applications by Thursday 6th February 2020; Job begins September 2020
Location: Falkland Islands
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Primary Special Needs teacher: 2 to 4 years
A unique opportunity to live and work overseas, within an English school system.
Our well established Primary School is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, creative and experienced Primary Special Needs Teacher to start in September 2020. Applicants for the post will have up-to-date knowledge and be experienced practitioners. The successful candidates will join a dedicated and dynamic team and will work in our 330 pupil school, situated in the capital, Stanley.
We are seeking to recruit a Primary Special Needs Teacher who:
- is focused on helping children achieve high levels of progress in a happy and effective learning environment
- is a graduate with qualified teacher status (primary) who has completed their induction and preferably has at least 3 years' successful teaching experience
- has experience in more than one key stage in the primary age range
- can demonstrate a thorough recent knowledge of working with pupils with a range of specific learning and behaviour difficulties within mainstream class
- is committed to differentiation and SEND inclusive practice
- can support the SENCo in managing the effective deployment of support staff
- can work successfully with children who exhibit challenging behaviour
- can effectively monitor, assess, record and report on pupils’ progress
- can work within and contribute to coaching and mentoring environment
- has good interpersonal skills and works well in teams
- possesses secure IT skills and has good IWB knowledge
- is able to contribute to the development of extra curriculum opportunities
We will provide:
- enthusiastic children who are keen to learn
- a stimulating and supportive working environment
- detailed information concerning the life in Falkland Islands
- basic salary up to £39,903
- low rates of income tax
- 25% gratuity, payable at the end of the contract
- airfare for the post holder and dependants at the beginning and end of contract, as well as airfares for return flights after every full year of the contract
- a relocation grant
- accommodation to rent
- free education locally for dependent children to GCSE level and possible allowance for overseas studies thereafter
- fixed term contracts of between 2 and 4 years in the first instance
Interested teachers can download the job description and further information from this page.
Interviews will be held between Monday 24th February and Wednesday 26th March 2020 either at the Falkland Islands Government Office in London or by telephone. More details about an interview task and opportunity to share video clips of teaching practice will be provided to shortlisted teachers.
School Website: http://www.fig.gov.fk/ijs/
Our recruitment video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7nHrEOqkbE
For more information please contact the Recruitment Officer, Human Resources Department, Cable Cottage, Stanley, Falkland Islands, FIQQ 1ZZ
E-mail: email@example.com Tel: 00 500 27420 or Fax: 00 500 27212 stating the post you are interested in.
Completed application forms should be returned to the Recruitment Officer using the above contacts details at Cable Cottage, Stanley, no later than noon on Thursday 6th February 2020.