Grafton Primary School is a friendly, welcoming and diverse multi-cultural school with over 40 additional languages spoken by the children and their families and is set within the urban area of Dagenham. Our children are at the heart of everything we do.
We are looking to appoint a specialist SEND teacher for an exciting and challenging opportunity to help set up and establish a new Additional Resourced Provision (ARP) for children with autism at Grafton Primary School. This post would not be suitable for an NQT.
Successful candidates will:
• Demonstrate excellent classroom practice;
• Demonstrate a creative approach to curriculum delivery for children with special educational needs;
• Have experience of teaching children with autism
• Have a commitment to sharing responsibility for raising standards;
• Be fully committed to learning from and contributing to a team;
• Have excellent communication skills to engage children, parents and colleagues;
• Be very well organised;
• Develop and adapt conventional teaching methods to meet the individual needs of pupils.
We can offer:
• A friendly welcoming school community
• A new, purposed built suite of rooms, including a sensory room, teaching areas and a calm room
• Passion and commitment to inclusive education
• A supportive Senior Leadership Team and Governing Body
• A dedicated, hard-working and supportive staff team
• Excellent opportunities for professional development
If you are a strong, reflective practitioner with a passion for developing the very best in SEND children, and would like to be a part of this exciting stage in the school’s development then we would like to hear from you.
Visit to our school are highly recommended. Please contact the school to arrange.
For an application pack and further information email email@example.com you can contact us by phone on: 020 3727 5171. For more information about our school please visit our website: http://www.graftonprimary.co.uk/
In accordance with current GDPR compliance we will not keep any details/application forms on file once the position is filled.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people; this post is exempt from ROA and will require an enhanced DBS disclosure on all applicants"