Teacher of Special Needs for The Grove - Secondary Complex Autism
Salary: MPS + SEN 1
Contract: Full Time
Contract Term: Permanent
Start Date: Autumn 2019 or soon after
We wish to appoint a Teacher with an outstanding track record who is ambitious and is ready for an exciting new challenge.
The Grove is a brand new Special School for autism opened in September 2018, providing 104 places for children between the ages of 5 and 19 on the autistic spectrum. The post holder will be part of the newly established team that opened its doors to 42 pupils across primary, secondary and post 16 departments. The school is relocating to its brand new building which has been refurbished ready for September.
This is a rare opportunity to be involved in the founding of a new school; as a member of our team you will be part of the development and planning process. If you relish in being able to make your mark with innovative and creative practice and you are excited about making a real difference then this role will provide you with the scope to achieve this.
The post holder will be responsible for leading a class team ensuring there are high quality and effective learning opportunities for all students. Class sizes are small and our experienced teams offer support with a collaborative approach to teaching. The post holder will also be expected to work closely with our multi-disciplinary teams.
The successful candidate will be required to:
● Have previous experience of working within an Inclusive team;
● Have had either primary school training or be able to teach a primary style curriculum as adopted within special schools;
● Have previous experience of teaching in an Autism-specific environment;
● Work closely within the school team;
● Have a passion for Autism Education and the Inclusion Agenda;
● Have experience of completing SEN assessments and differentiated plans;
● Be able to undertake specialist teaching on a 1:1, small group and whole-class basis;
● Be a motivational teacher for all abilities ensuring learning is engaging and inclusive;
● Work within and contribute to the school community;
● Have a commitment to an integrated, therapeutic approach and ethos;
● Be very flexible and adapt quickly to change
Please contact our Office Manager, Lorraine Bellot on 0208 340 4898 and choose option 3 or send an email to email@example.com if you require any further information or wish to visit the school prior to application.
Application packs can be downloaded from TES online or the school website: www.thegroveschool.co.uk
Closing date by 10 a.m. on Monday 5th July. Interviews will take place on 15th July 2019.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted by the School.
The Grove, part of the Heartlands community Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and young people. The successful applicant will therefore be required to complete a DBS check.
We encourage applications from all sectors of the community to reflect our diverse student population
Please click on "Quick Apply " to apply for this post.