Smart Teachers is recruiting for a SEN Support Assistant / SEN TA to work within a special needs environment in South West London. The school is located in the London Borough of Wandsworth, and it is split over two sites. This special needs school caters for children between the ages of 3 and 19, who have autism and moderate and/or severe learning difficulties. The successful SEN Support Assistant / SEN TA will need to be comfortable working within a special needs environment, with children across both primary and secondary.
About the Role
• SEN Support Assistant / SEN TA
• To work with students with autism and moderate and/or severe learning difficulties aged between 3 and 19 years
• To support the class teacher within a special needs environment with three other support staff
• Assisting with changing and feeding the children
• Assisting and supporting the students with classroom work, as well as off-site trips to the adventure playground and the local farm
• Daily rate between £70 and £75 (dependent on experience)
• Working hours are 8.30am to 4pm
• Part time and full time temporary contracts available from March 2020
About the School
• Maximum of nine children per class
• There are 11 classes across primary, and eight classes across secondary
• Split over two sites in the London Borough of Wandsworth
• Set in residential areas that are easily accessible via public transport
• Special needs school for children with autism and learning difficulties
• Well-structured days with small group work including cooking, outside play, dance and music sessions
• Large amount of space available including Climbing frames, bicycles and lots of other playground equipment are available for all of the children
In order to be considered for this role, the special needs teaching assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
• Experience working with children or adults with special needs
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number LXD14129
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.