Smart Teachers is recruiting for two SEN TAs / Special Needs Teaching Assistants / ASD TAs to join a large three form entry primary school in Wembley (NW2). These SEN TAs / Special Needs Teaching Assistants / ASD TAs roles are full time fixed term positions starting January 2019, contracted through until July in the first instance. There are two roles available, both supporting children with ASD, one child in Year 1 and the other in Year 3. Both children require support academically and socially. The school is looking to appoint SEN TAs / Special Needs Teaching Assistants / ASD TAs who can provide positive reinforcement and are confident in working with children who can display challenging behaviour. Prior experience supporting children with SEN is desirable, but not essential.
About the Role
• SEN TAs / Special Needs Teaching Assistants / ASD TAs
• Two roles available (both supporting children with ASD)
• Daily rate £70-85
• Fixed term contracts from January to July initially, with the potential for the role to be extended
About the School
• Three form entry primary school
• Community feel school
• Strong and supportive leadership
• Excellent CPD opportunities
• Big team ethos with lots of collaborative work done across the school
• Brand new ICT Suite
• Large staff car park
In order to be considered for this role, the SEN TAs / Special Needs Teaching Assistants / ASD TAs will need to meet the following criteria:
• Have recent classroom experience in the UK (minimum 6 weeks essential)
• Previous experience with SEN
• Have excellent communication skills as well as strong literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
• Free CPD workshops
• Regular social events
• Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number DXT175762.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.