ASD HLTA required for a fixed term role to August 2018
Your new school
Stopsley High School is an 11-16 mixed Comprehensive School and Community College situated in a quiet area on the Hertfordshire / Bedfordshire border with convenient access to Luton Airport, the M1 and main line rail links to London. Stopsley High School is a popular, oversubscribed school described by Ofsted in October 2014 as “a good school where students are respectful of each other and their teachers … students are polite, well-mannered and courteous.”
Your new role
You will provide a lead role in training and developing the skills of the School’s Support Team, Teaching Assistants and other staff to address the personal, social and educational needs of pupils who are at risk of exclusion. This role includes coaching and representing the ASD Specialist Assistant team.
What you'll need to succeed
- Demonstrable experience of working with pupils with social and behavioural needs.
- The ability to motivate students with autism and be able to respond positively in emotionally demanding situations.
- The ability to co-ordinate, motivate, develop and lead a small team.
- Demonstrable knowledge of national curriculum at appropriate key stage.
- Meet Higher Level Teaching Assistant standards (NVQ Level 4) or equivalent qualification or equivalent experience.
What you'll get in return
- A friendly, open and support school with a strong induction programme.
- Commitment to professional development of all colleagues
- The opportunity to be involved in cutting edge developments in the school’s teaching and learning groups
- A brand new school building that opened in January 2017 with state of the art facilities
- Childcare Vouchers enabling eligible staff to pay for childcare in a tax efficient way
For more information and to apply, please see our website at www.hays.co.uk/jobs/stopsley-high-school or call Brett Coventry on 020 3818 7041