Specialist ASD/SLD Secondary Teacher
£140 - £170 per day PAYE
Temp to Perm
Mon- Fri – 8:00 – 17:00
About the school:
• Borough of Harrow – nearest station Headstone Lane
• Special Needs School catering to students with mild ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder), Communication & Speech difficulties, and SLD
• 180 pupils aged 11-19
About the role as Specialist ASD/SLD Secondary Teacher:
• Teaching a well-rounded curriculum to students with ASD/SLD
• Good understanding of KS3 Curriculum is a necessity
• Ability to adapt lesson to make it accessible to all students
• To work within and towards the framework of National Standards for Teachers and SEN Code of Practice
• Pastoral duties of the form teacher, such as the wellbeing social emotional and mental health of the students.
• To engage in their personal and professional development including de-escalation and CALM training.
• It would be helpful if you have or would like to be a licensed minibus driver (midas), also physical intervention training
Requirements for Secondary Teacher role:
• Qualified Teaching Status (QTS)
• ASD/SLD Experience
• DBS on the Update System
• Previous experience working in Special Needs Schools
• Experience working with children who are have ASD and SEMH needs is very desirable.
• Right to Work in the United Kingdom
• Be able to provide 2 references
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers, a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency, is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations)
• FREE training to help with your professional development
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• A dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply to Specialist ASD/SLD Secondary Teacher
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our SEND team on 0207 065 7525 and quote job reference BXB SENSECTE9603
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.