Specialist Braille Teaching Assistant
Vision for Education (part of TES) are a well-respected education specialist supply agency. Our Huddersfield branch covers Kirklees, Calderdale and Wakefield.
We are currently recruiting for a Specialist Braille Teaching Assistant to provide additional classroom support for students with a visual impairment in a secondary school setting. It is essential that you are able to read and translate Braille and have recent, relevant experience in a similar role. The position is full-time, to start September 2019, on a temporary basis for the academic year.
You will be part of a committed and supportive team or specialist teaching assistants based at the school.
The teaching assistant must be able to liaise collaboratively with colleagues across school to overcome barriers and modify learning approaches for the visually impaired students.
To be considered for this position you must:
- Have experience of working with visually impaired students
- Have recent, relevant experience reading and translating Braille
- Have Maths and English GCSE (or equivalent) at Grade C or above
- Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of Support Workers
At Vision for Education we take our responsibilities to you seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of our supply team you will benefit from:
- Excellent hourly rates paid weekly through PAYE
- £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
- Support throughout your placements
- Access to a dedicated consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Access to free CPD such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Child Protection in Education qualifications
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Worker Regulations) to make sure you get paid what you deserve
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
If you are a support worker who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment then we want to hear from you.
Apply today or for more information on this and other opportunities across Vision for Education contact the Secondary Education team at the Huddersfield branch.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All candidates will be required to complete our safeguarding checks and undergo an enhanced DBS check.