Al Khor International School is a 3 to 18, co-educational and non-selective international school. Owned by Qatargas, the world’s largest producer of liquefied natural gas, AKIS caters primarily for the children of the company’s employees. We are one of the largest international schools in the Middle East with more than 4,000 students across our KG, British Curriculum and CBSE Curriculum schools. The school has exceptional facilities and is located in Al Khor Community, 40 minutes north of Qatar’s capital city Doha.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and well organised specialist learning assistant (science technician) to provide technical expertise and support to meet the practical needs of the secondary science curriculum. The successful candidate will have good team working skills, and the ability to effectively support teaching and learning. A background in biology would be an advantage. This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly and welcoming community in one of the leading international schools in the region.
Skills and qualities:
- Commitment to student wellbeing and learning
- Relevant degree
- Work experience as a science technician or in education
- Good communication and people skills
- Cultural awareness and understanding
- Liaising and communicating effectively with others to ensure equipment and practical resources are set up for lessons
- Carrying out administrative tasks such as the accurate recording and monitoring of laboratory equipment and supplies
- Supporting teachers in managing practical activities and classroom behaviour
- Making and maintaining basic teaching resources, displaying work effectively, and clearing away following practical activities
- Working with small groups of children, either in the classroom or outside the classroom, to support learning.
- Assisting with school events and activities
What we offer:
Our excellent compensation package includes:
- A highly competitive tax-free salary
- High quality Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- End of service benefits
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to submit a fully attested degree certificate, transcript and police certificate.
Please note that due to government regulations we can only consider applicants who are below 50 years of age.
How to Apply
Please click on the apply button.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted
20 February 2020
For further information about the school, please visit http://www.akis.sch.qa
Al Khor International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.