Ashcroft School is an independent special school based in Cheadle, Cheshire and is one of the specialist education services provided by the Together Trust. They cater for some of the most disadvantaged children and young people aged 8 to 18 years with social, emotional and mental health needs. Ashcroft are currently recruiting for a Specialist Teacher of Maths to implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for Maths whilst contributing to giving our young people the skills to function in society.
- To be responsible for development of Maths so as to ensure the continued relevance to the needs of students, examining and awarding bodies and the School’s ethos
- To line manage small team of staff through supervision, coaching and mentoring and general HR processes.
- To develop teaching resources, schemes of work, marking policies and teaching strategies for Mathematics and to support other staff within the curriculum area.
- To develop individual learning pathways for every student through long and medium term planning and weekly learning phase plans (key stages 3, 4, & 5).
- Working within a multidisciplinary team of therapists, social workers, external agencies including LAC.
- Promote mutual respect and ensure equality of access for all pupils, regardless of culture, gender, sexual orientation, physical ability, religion, race, language, social background and family circumstances, preparing them for a life in a diverse society
- A strong ability to ‘see the bigger picture’ and demonstrate good understanding of how your work adds to the whole.
As the ideal candidate you will possess the following attributes;
- Empathy and understanding for children with emotional behavioural difficulties who may display challenging behaviour due to childhood trauma, brain injury or mental health. With the ability to form quick and meaningful relationships with each student.
- Outstanding subject knowledge of main curriculum area and secure knowledge of any other you are required to teach
- A full awareness of the current issues relating to the development of teaching Maths at key stages 3, 4 & 5. Knowledge of numeracy at primary level would also be advantageous.
- A proven track record of excellent classroom management with a strong commitment to using proactive and therapeutic approaches to support students with their social and emotional growth
Details of the role;
Our teachers deliver tailored lessons to groups of pupils who are supported by a large team of committed learning support assistants. We follow a positive behaviour approach creating a positive impact on outcomes and behaviours. This full time post (43 weeks plus holidays) will initially be for one year from start date with the view to extend. See job description or contact internal recruitment team for more information. Please note Together Trust does not adhere to teachers terms and conditions.
In return for your hard work and dedication we offer the following benefits;
- Extensive support from the wider Trust and School
- Excellent Training Program
- Existing dedicated staff team
- Teachers Pension, childcare vouchers, staff support service
As part of Together Trusts commitment to our staff and service users, any new recruits will be required to undertake pre-employment checks and a tailored training programme before commencing their role. Each programme will be specific to the role and service you are successful for. The trust training programmes and therefore start dates are fixed so you will be required to attend the next available induction dependant on when your pre-employment checks are complete. We advise all successful candidates to be mindful of this when handing in their notice. For further information about pre-employment checks and Together Trusts corporate training programme please contact the recruitment team