Required 1 September 2018 at Lancashire SEND Specialist Teaching Service, PR1 0LD.
Lancashire SEND Specialist Teaching Service are a non-profit making, full cost recovery, outreach service of specialist teachers. We are seeking to appoint a full time, enthusiastic and committed Teacher of the Deaf to start 1 September 2018. You would be based in the South of the Authority but have the opportunity to work across the county.
Proud of the support we offer CYP and staff, we have a good reputation for teaching, delivering training and working in partnership with teaching staff, governors, SENCOs, leadership teams and NQTs as well as directly with CYP, across Lancashire and in neighbouring authorities.
We are currently in an exciting time of transformation, with a new management team, moving to new premises and developing new packages of support to meet the Graduated Approach. Now is a great time to join the team. The SEND Specialist Teachers are a happy, hard-working and highly ambitious team in which a child centred approach is at the heart of everything we do.
We are looking for a dynamic and highly skilled teacher to join our growing team.
- passionate about ensuring all CYP with SEND are given the opportunities to reach their full potential
- capable of preparing CYP with SEND for adulthood
- focused on raising standards of student attainment and progress with particular regard to SEND
- keen to share a common sense of purpose and high expectations of what students can achieve
- confident to promote inclusive practise in mainstream, specialist, public and independent settings
- an inspiring and motivating professional
- creative and flexible in your approach
- approachable with excellent interpersonal skills.
Please note: This is an essential car user post as you will be expected to work countywide. You will be responsible for organising and delivering a minimum caseload per week to meet the needs of the team and the settings.
If this is you and you would like to discuss the role, please contact Lynn Fraser, Manager, on 0782 575 5525 or 0758 458 1392 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply or for further information please go to http://jobs.lancashire.gov.uk/details.aspx?nPostingId=48014&nPostingTargetId=88613&id=Q17FK026203F3VBQB79V4F6AW&LG=UK&mask=lanexternal
The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a 'disclosure'.
Interview date: 5 and 6 June 2018.
Apply online at http://www.lancashire.gov.uk/vacancies or telephone 01772 535355 24 hour
Closing date: 24 May 2018.