Specialist Teaching Assistant in SEMH
Are you looking to make a difference to the lives of children and young people with SEND in Derbyshire? Then you could be exactly the person we are looking for at Vision for Education.
We are looking for creative and experienced teaching assistants to work with pupils with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs (SEMH) and/or autism.
We are currently working with a specialist setting in Derbyshire which caters for pupils aged 9-19. Both academic and vocational subjects are taught on their main site as well as several external sites in the local area. You may also be required to travel to different nearby locations to support a pupil’s re-engagement into formal education. The successful candidate must be committed to creating a positive learning environment and breaking down barriers to learning.
Ideally, you will have:
- experience of working with children and young people with SEND or SEMH needs.
- ability to communicate effectively with pupils, colleagues and parents
- experience of working with small groups or on a 1:1 basis
- commitment to prioritising the needs of the pupils in all that you do
- must have a Full UK Driving Licence, access to transport and happy to travel
In return we offer:
· Excellent daily rates paid weekly through PAYE
· £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
· Support throughout your placements
· Access to a dedicated SEN consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
· Unparalleled daily rates
· Access to free CPD such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling qualifications
· Full compliance with AWR (Agency Worker Regulations) to make sure you get paid what you deserve
· NI and pension contributions
If this sounds like your perfect teaching role, then please apply today.