Specific Purpose Learning Support Assistant (one to one basis)
Contract: Specific Purpose Contract
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30am - 3:30pm; 30 hours per week
Work Pattern: Term Time only
Salary: Scale 2 Points 3 - 4
Interview Date: 19th November 2019
Laurel Lane Primary School is proud to be an inclusive school. We provide a high quality, creative and challenging education within a secure, caring and happy environment, where every child experiences a sense of enjoyment and is encouraged to achieve their full potential through a love of learning.We are a warm welcoming and supportive school, where a great emphasis is placed on all round personal development, as well as academic progress.
We currently have 3 vacancies for a Specific Purpose Learning Support Assistant to work one to one with children with complex learning difficulties.
1st Role: Working in a Year 1 classroom with a child who has autism and poor language skills.
2nd Role: Working in a mixed Year 1/Year 2 classroom with a child who has behavioural issues.
3rd Role: Working in a Year 6 classroom with a child who has extreme learning difficulties, including poor working memory and processing skills.
Some of the main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Following a dedicated learning programme and being responsible for monitoring progress against targets.
- Ensuring that the key child receives physical, emotional, social and intellectual development.
- Providing regular feedback to the SENDCO on the progress of the child.
- Using strategies, in liaison with the teacher, to support the pupil to achieve learning goals.
- Assisting with the planning of learning activities.
- Establishing constructive relationships with parents/carers.
- Accompanying teaching staff and pupils on visits, trips and out of school activities as required and take responsibility for a group under the supervision of a teacher.
If you believe you are the right candidate to fit this role, then please do not hesitate to apply now!
Please note: These are temporary contracts valid for the time that the child attends our school.
CVs will not be accepted and previous applicants need not apply.