We are looking for a creative & inspiring SEN teacher for our sixteen place Speech & Language Resource Base who will have a positive impact on the learning and well-being of our pupils. This position is for the KS1 classroom where you will be part of a specialised team including a speech and language therapist and a member of support staff. Situated next to the busy and diverse Deptford High Street, just 6 minutes from London Bridge or 11 minutes from Cannon Street by train, Tidemill is a haven where children from all backgrounds flourish. Our children not only achieve excellent results – they exhibit in art galleries, surf in Devon, compete at the London Youth Games, are djembe drummers, make their own branded chocolate, set up blogs and perform Shakespeare at the theatre! They do all this in an award winning building with exceptional facilities.
As a National Teaching School, we put great emphasis on teacher development and there are a multitude of exciting opportunities at Tidemill for you to further develop your classroom and leadership skills. If you have a passion for motivating and nurturing learners with special educational needs and want to take the next step in your career, we would love to hear from you.
You will need to be a passionate & energetic teacher who:
• Makes learning fun and engaging
• Has a track record of raising achievement
• Demonstrates initiative and can enthuse and lead others
• Is able to teach a progressive curriculum where children can build on previously learnt skills and knowledge
• Is an excellent communicator who will develop strong relationships with children, parents and the wider community
We can offer:
• Fantastic small group teaching facilities
• Enthusiastic, delightful and deserving children
• A position in a well-established Speech & Language Resource Base with a strong team and specialist training
• A hugely talented & committed staff including HLTAs, Speech & Language Therapists and Place2Be counsellors
• A vibrant, richly diverse school community
• First class professional and career development opportunities, including the opportunity to train as a Specialist Leader in Education
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed so you can meet the team and see our fantastic facilities. If you would like to visit, please email email@example.com with the title ‘EYFS/KS1 Class Teacher’. Please include your contact details in the email.
Visits: Thursday 19th March @ 4:45pm & Saturday 21st March @ 9:30am
Closing Date & shortlisting: Monday 30th March @ 9am
Interviews: Wednesday 1st April/Thursday 2nd April
Please note that due to covid-19, dates may be subject to change. Initial interviews may be held via Skype. Skype interviews & lesson observations are also available for international candidates.
How to apply:
Completed applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. A scanned signature will be accepted or simply follow this up with a signed copy in the post: Lisa Turner, Office Manager, Tidemill Academy, 11 Giffin Street, London, SE8 4RJ. We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion.
Tidemill Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to an enhanced DBS Check and satisfactory written references.