Tidemill provides pupils with speech, language and communication needs, from across Lewisham, with a specialist 16-place provision. We are looking for an inspiring teacher (EYFS/KS1 class) who will have a positive impact on the learning and well-being of all of our S&LRB pupils. If you have a passion for motivating and nurturing learners with special educational needs and want to take the next step in your career, we would love to hear from you.
You will need to be a creative & inspiring teacher who:
- Makes learning fun and engaging
- Has a track record of raising achievement for pupils with SEN
- Demonstrates initiative and can enthuse and lead others
- Is an excellent, engaging communicator who will develop strong relationships with children, parents and the wider community
In return, we will offer:
- Enthusiastic, creative and respectful children
- A position in a well-established S&LRB with a strong team
- A hugely talented & committed staff including HLTAs, Place2Be counsellors and a resident artist
- A vibrant, richly diverse school community
- First class professional and career development opportunities, including Specialist Leader of Education
- The opportunity to positively impact school improvement and the educational landscape through our role as the lead school in the Endeavour Teaching School Alliance
- The chance to work with a supportive family of schools who share the same passion for primary education
Tidemill Academy is a National Teaching School with an outstanding reputation for being creative, innovative and at the leading edge of educational reform. Situated next to the busy and diverse Deptford High Street, only 6 minutes from London Bridge by train, 11 minutes from Cannon Street and Waterloo and accessible by DLR, Tidemill is a haven where children from all backgrounds flourish. Our children not only achieve excellent results – they exhibit at art galleries, surf in Devon, compete at the London Youth Games, are djembe drummers, make their own branded chocolate, set up blogs and perform Shakespeare at the theatre! They do all this in an award winning building with exceptional facilities.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed so you can meet the team and see our fantastic facilities. If you would like to visit, please email email@example.com with the title S&LRB Class Teacher suggesting some possible times/dates that would work for you. Please include your contact details in the email.
- Closing date: Monday 15th January @ 9am
- Shortlisting: Tuesday 16th January
- Interviews: Tuesday 23rd January
Completed applications should be returned to: Lorraine Stewart, Headteacher Tidemill Academy 11 Giffin Street London SE8 4RJ. Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org will be accepted as long as you follow this up with a signed copy in the post. Skype interviews & lesson observations are available for international candidates. We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion.
Tidemill Academy is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and staff. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure. We are an equal opportunities employer.