Smart Teachers is recruiting for a qualified Speech and Language Therapist to work across three sites of an Independent Therapeutic School based in South East London. The ideal candidate will have previous experience working as a Speech & Language Therapist, and will have the ability to work alone and as part of a team. As well as offering therapy sessions according to their own specialism, the therapist will have a therapeutic presence across the schools, lead whole-staff training and be an ambassador for the school’s brand and vision. Part of the role will be to ensure that the school continues on their journey to truly integrate therapy & learning. The successful candidate will have to be a flexible team-player and be able to offer therapeutic intervention that aids children’s emotional well-being and learning.
About the Role
· Speech & Language Therapist
· Demonstrate best practice and support and care for the children at the very highest of levels
· Draw upon the knowledge, skills and expertise of other professionals with experience of working with children who present challenging behaviour and who have significant and complex social, emotional and learning needs
· Work collaboratively with colleagues (teaching, support and therapeutic) to maximise progress for children at these specialist independent therapeutic schools
· One to one work with a specific child or support a small group or whole class, depending on need
· Support the successful operation of all aspects of the school, as directed by the leadership team
· Permanent contract starting September 2017
· £30,000 per annum
About the School
· Independent schools specialising in SEN
· Based in South East London
· Stable and established team of staff includes support staff, teachers and qualified therapists and a solid Senior Leadership Team
· Daily briefings held with all members of staff, which is particularly important given the SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties) needs of the students
· Approximately 70 children across the three sites
· Challenging behaviour, detachment disorders and global development delay are commonplace across the classes
· Apple Macs with the latest technology in every classroom
· Provides extensive professional development for staff and fast track career progression and upward mobility available for the right fit
· Provides training in Team Teach and First Aid
· Lunch is provided each day by a chef on site, with students assisting in preparing meals
· Holistic approach to teaching and learning
· Padded time-out rooms available at two sites
In order to be considered for this role, the Speech and Language Therapist will need to meet the following criteria:
· Qualified Speech and Language Therapist
· Previous experience working within an SEMH school is desirable but not essential
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number LXD162879.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.