. The ideal candidate for this role will have previous experience working as a Speech & Language Therapist and have the ability to work independently and as part of a team. As well as offering therapy sessions according to own specialism, the therapist will have a therapeutic presence across the schools, lead staff training and be an ambassador for the school’s brand and vision. Part of the role will be to ensure that the school continues to integrate therapy & learning as part of the curriculum. The successful candidate will have to be a flexible team-player and be able to offer therapeutic intervention that aids children’s emotional well-being and learning.
About the Role
- Speech & Language Therapist
- You will be a role-model of best practice and demonstrate support and care of the children at the very highest of levels.
- The therapist will be able to draw upon their knowledge, skills and expertise of working with children
- The purpose of the role is to work collaboratively with colleagues (teaching, support and therapeutic) to maximise progress for children
- The therapist may work therapeutically one to one with a specific child or may support a small group or whole class, depending on need
- The therapist will support the successful operation of all aspects of the school, as directed by the leadership team.
- Permanent contract
- Salary £30,000 per annum
About the School
- Independent schools specialising in SEN based in South East London
- Well established team of staff includes support staff, teachers and qualified therapists and a solid Senior Leadership Team
- Daily briefings are held with all members of staff, which is particularly important given the SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties) needs of the students
- Approximately 70 children across the three sites
- Challenging behaviour, detachment disorders and global development delay are commonplace across the classes
- Apple Macs with the latest technology are found in every classroom
- Provides extensive professional development for staff and fast track career progression and upward mobility available for the right fit
- Team Teach and First Aid training provided
- Lunch is provided each day by a chef on site, with students assisting in preparing meals
- Holistic approach to teaching and learning
- Padded time-out rooms available at two sites
In order to be considered for this role, the successful Speech and Language Therapist will need to meet the following criteria:
- Qualified Speech and Language Therapist
- Previous experience working within an SEMH school is desirable but not essential
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Free CPD workshops
- Regular social events
- Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number LXD49788.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.