Drumbeat School is local authority school in the London Borough of Lewisham for children and young people aged 5 to 19 years with autism spectrum disorder and severe learning difficulties. Primary and Key stage 3 pupils attend school at the Downham site and Key stage 4 and Sixth form are based in Brockley.
We are currently seeking an experienced Band 6 Speech & Language Therapist with a specialism in autism, wishing to work in a school setting, to join our multidisciplinary team of professionals. The team includes a speech and language therapist, an occupational therapist, a behaviour support specialist and a clinical psychologist. Regular supervision will be provided and opportunities for CPD.
Main responsibilities will involve:
- Assessment and intervention planning
- Setting communication targets in conjunction with teachers and families
- Group and individual therapy as required
- Providing support and advice to education staff within the classroom setting
- Relevant training for staff and parent groups
We are looking for a Speech & Language Therapist who:
- Is highly motivated, passionate, dynamic and flexible
- Has experience of working with young people with autism and learning difficulties
- Relevant training in essential tried and tested approaches e.g. PECs, SCERTS, Attention Autism etc
- Has highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Is RCSLT and HCPC registered
The successful candidate will need to hold a Bachelors or Masters Degree in Speech and Language Therapy.
Drumbeat school is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all of its employees to share this commitment. This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced check by the Disclosure & Barring Service. If you have ever worked or lived abroad since you were 18 you will be asked to obtain a police check from that country.
If you are interested in joining our school and wish to have an informal discussion please contact Katie Denton, Deputy Headteacher on 0208 698 9738 email@example.com.
To apply please click the application form link
CVs will not be accepted.