Full Time Permanent Speech and Language Therapist
Required for Spring Term 2018
The Moat School is a unique and successful independent day school in London for children with dyslexia and associated SpLDs.
We are seeking to appoint a qualified Speech and Language Therapist.
The School provides all staff with the exclusive use of a wireless enabled laptop computer.
The Moat School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
The job will entail:
- Undertake speech and language screening/assessments to ascertain pupil’s speech, language and literacy skills and suitability for Moat School placement.
- Screen new pupils when they join the school and feed back to staff team on recommendations for classroom support.
- Undertake in depth assessment at any stage, if required, to inform continued Speech and Language therapy, measure progress or justify discharge.
- Provide therapy for pupils who have a wide range of literacy and speech and language difficulties for either 1:1 sessions, paired sessions, group sessions or monitoring.
- Support specialist teachers by joint planning and team teaching small group sessions.
- Plan and coordinate social communication groups in consultation with teachers and LSAs to develop social language skills and social understanding.
- Teach all first year pupils for a Group Communication session once a week, with an emphasis on social communication skills, attention, concentration and listening, understanding language structure and speaking/listening skills which are part of the English curriculum.
- Joint planning and team teaching of Key Stage 2 Literacy lessons with class teacher.
Transdisciplinary and Collaborative Practice
- Provide induction for new members of staff
- Advise teaching staff about the spectrum of language and literacy difficulties
- Contribute to and attend Annual Reviews
- Regularly provide INSET training for teaching staff on a range of topics.
Further details of the post and application forms are available from:
Application forms with a full accompanying covering letter and the contact details of two referees (including current or most recent employer.
The Moat School