We are seeking a Speech and Language Therapist to join our team working with pupils with communication and social interaction difficulties. You will need to be compassionate, flexible and want to make a positive impact on the communication and wellbeing of our students.
Stepping Stones is an independent special school with 95 students aged 7–18 years with needs including anxiety-based disorders, ASC, complex communication difficulties and specific learning difficulties.
You will work as part of a therapy team, comprising 4 SLT, OT and counselling / drama therapy. We are developing an embedded therapies approach in which we work in partnership alongside our education staff.
• Devise, develop and implement therapy for individuals and small groups of students.
• Manage your own caseload of students, setting and reviewing targets on a regular basis.
• Assess students on admission and for Annual Review.
• Work closely with the education team.
• Be HCPC registered and a member of the RCSLT.
• Be enthusiastic about multidisciplinary working
• Be supported by regular supervision and mentoring.
Why Stepping Stones?
• Regular opportunities for specialist training and updating
• Term time only working
• To be part of a growing multidisciplinary therapy team.
• Opportunities to work with an interesting and manageable caseload.
This is a fixed-term contract 6th January 2020- 31st July 2020.