- Full Time - Fixed Term - 12 months
- Commencing January 2019
- $66,376 to $90,762 per annum plus Super
- School Based
About the organisation
Brisbane Catholic Education is a learning community of over 130 schools. We aim to provide quality teaching and learning outcomes for Prep to Year 12 students.
Emmaus College is a Prep to Year 12 co-educational ecumenical College which fosters Christian unity through its active partnership with the local Anglican, Catholic, Lutheran and Uniting churches. In 2018 the College has a P-12 enrolments of approximately 1400 students.
Emmaus is located on 21 hectares in a quiet bushland setting at 48 East Street, Jimboomba. It has been built to cater for the educational and faith needs of the Jimboomba, Beaudesert and surrounding communities. ’Excellence in learning within a contemporary Christian community’ is the vision that shapes the Emmaus learning community.
Visit our school website here
About the role
In this role you will contribute to the high quality learning and teaching in our school by providing a collaborative and consultative speech pathology service, responsive to the school context and with a student specific focus which complements the speech pathology services provided by our School Service Centres.
- Develop, implement and evaluate speech pathology services to promote student communication, learning and well-being outcomes
- Optimise the quality of service outcomes in partnership with the school community
- Maintain standards of practice and competencies consistent with Speech Pathology Australia and BCE policies and guidelines
Qualifications & Registration
- Speech Pathology qualifications
- Blue Card or QCT registration
- Driver’s licence (and own vehicle)
Skills & Experience
- Clinical competence in differential diagnosis and intervention for children/adolescents with communication difficulties
- Experience working within educational environments
- Experience working collaboratively in interdisciplinary teams
- Problem solving skills
- Communication and networking skills
- A welcoming, collegial and flexible working environment
- Competitive salaries benchmarked to industry standards
- Salary packaging and salary sacrificing options
- The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of students
Applicants are required to respond to Eligibility and/or Selection Criteria for this position. To view the criteria, preview the application form by clicking on the link under ‘How to apply’ and refer to section 3.
Contact Person: Sandra Mitchell
Contact Telephone Number: 07 3033 7572
Contact Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 18-Nov-2018
Role Description - Speech Pathologist - School Based Opens in new window
Statement of Principles for Employment - Schools Opens in new window