About the role
As a member of our school team, you will work collaboratively to provide a range of speech pathology services that promote and support effective inclusive practice. The support you provide will be responsive to our school’s context, maintain a student-specific focus, and complement services provided through Brisbane Catholic Education’s School Services.
Seton College is a contemporary Catholic, coeducational Secondary College situated in Mount Gravatt East catering for more than 280 students. The College promotes the spiritual, intellectual, social and emotional development of students with a focus on providing personalised, vocationally driven education, particularly in the key areas of literacy and numeracy. At Seton, every student is known by name, respected as an individual, and valued as part of a tight-knit community.
Visit our school website here
- Develop, implement and evaluate speech pathology services to promote student communication, learning and well-being outcomes
- Optimise the quality of service outcomes in partnership with the school community
- Maintain standards of practice and competencies consistent with Speech Pathology Australia and BCE policies and guidelines>/span>
Qualifications & Registration
- Speech Pathology qualifications
- Blue Card or QCT registration
Skills & Experience
- Clinical competence in differential diagnosis and intervention for children/adolescents with communication difficulties and the capacity to effectively apply this knowledge and expertise within the educational or other organisational contexts.
- Experience working within educational environments
- Experience working collaboratively in interdisciplinary teams
- Problem solving skills
- Communication and networking skills
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- currently hold or be eligible to hold a Paid Employee Positive Notice Blue Card; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Please submit your application online summarising your suitability for the role and demonstrate how your skills, knowledge and attributes will enable you to deliver the key results (refer to the Role Description) areas and perform the role successfully.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing February 2020
Position Tenure: Fixed Term
Weeks Worked: Up to 52 weeks per year including school holidays
Tenure Duration (If Fixed Term): - 10 months to December 2020
Total Paid Hours (per wk) & Days Required: 5 days/wk (38 hrs/wk) Mon - Fri
Salary Level, Range or Hourly Rate: Speech Pathologist Salary Scale - $68,036 to $93,032 per annum plus Super
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Kathryn Flint
Contact Telephone Number: 07 3291 5333
Contact Email: email@example.com
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window
Role Description - Speech Pathologist - School Based Opens in new window