Job Reference: FEB20200502
12.5 hours per week
Salary: £23,665 - £33,585 (Actual Salary £7,995 - £15,533)
In November 2019 Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group (NSCG) became the first further education provider in England to achieve outstanding grades in every area of Ofsted’s recently reformed Education Inspection Framework (EIF).
The inspection report praised all areas of the College’s provision and acknowledged NSCG’s ‘positive, stimulating and safe learning environment’, ‘highly motivated staff’, and ‘learners’ exemplary behaviour and attitudes to learning’. It also highlighted the fantastic partnerships the College has with industry.
To read the full Ofsted report for Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group, please visit the Ofsted Government website, select Find an Inspection Report and search for Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group.
The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 500 students on higher education programmes. We have over 4,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers. Our Sixth Form provision has a reputation for high academic achievement and excellence.
We are looking for a SpLD Tutor with experience of supporting learners with Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, AD(H)D and Asperger’s Syndrome.
The purpose of the role is to provide SpLD support to students on a range of courses.
Duties are varied and include screening and diagnostic interviews as well as working one to one, monitoring progress and preparing flexible learning materials.
You will need a relevant degree and ideally the Post Graduate Diploma/Certificate in Specific Learning Difficulties (AMBDA) and a practicing certificate, or be working towards these qualifications. You will ideally have a relevant teaching qualification (eg DTLLS or PGCE) and experience within the FE sector, teaching multi-sensory, cumulative literacy programmes and study skills support.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide SpLD (Dyslexia, dyspraxia, dyscalculia, AD(H)D & Asperger’s) support to students on a range of courses
- To undertake one-to-one multi-sensory, cumulative literacy programmes, including devising and implementing individual learning programme
- To complete Exam access arrangements assessments in accordance with the JCQ guidelines and to process said applications on the JCQ Access arrangement online system.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Has a first degree (or equivalent) in a relevant disciplin
- Has or is willing to train for an appropriate teaching qualificatio
- Ideally has experience of supporting learners with Asperger’s Syndrome
What’s in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teachers Pension Schem
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunitie
- 37 days annual leave (plus bank holidays and Christmas closure period)
How to apply
To apply for the role of SpLD Tutor, please click ‘Apply Now’ to complete an online application form.
(If you are applying via a jobs board, you will receive an email and link that will take you directly to our application form on the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group website).
The closing date for completed applications is 2nd April 2020
Interviews will be held on 23rd April 2020.
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.