Bournemouth & Poole College has an exciting opportunity for Sport & Uniformed Public Services Lecturer to join their team in Lansdowne. You will be joining on a full-time, fixed term basis and will receive a competitive salary of £21,610 - £34,515 per annum.
Bournemouth & Poole College are the largest provider of further education and apprentices within the area. We have around 11,000 students that are from across the UK and the world. Our passion is education and transformation through skills and knowledge. We are proud to demonstrate high student achievement and our apprenticeship training ranks extremely highly - we are in the top 11 % of general FE colleges and top 6.5% overall including other providers for apprenticeship delivery.
The Sport & Uniformed Public Services Lecturer role:
The purpose of this role is to deliver high quality and effective teaching and learning (subjects) to Bournemouth and Poole College students. You may also act as a personal tutor to students.
You will be required to teach a range of Sport and possibly depending on recruitment numbers in September 2021 Uniformed Public Services subjects dependent on industry experience, typically including units ranging for example from Anatomy & Physiology, fitness testing and training, psychology, adventure training and command and control, leadership and teamwork, law, employment and careers across levels 1, 2 and 3.
Key responsibilities of our Sport & Uniformed Public Services Lecturer:
- To teach Sport and /or Uniformed Public Services students dependant on previous industry experience
- To contribute to the work of the teaching team in matters of curriculum development and course organisation
- Contribute to the development and delivery of a range of educational programmes
- Contribute to high quality learning experiences using a variety of teaching and learning methods.
- Ensure that teaching is based on current best available practice and is consistent with a high standard of practice.
- Provide academic and pastoral support to students in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Create an outstanding student experience which leads to progression or employment.
- Manage student issues within agreed protocols.
- Undertake such other reasonable duties as the line manager may require
- Participate in the College’s appraisal process and to undertake any training that may be appropriate
As our Sport & Uniformed Public Services Lecturer ideally, you’ll have:
- Previous experience of teaching Sport and/or Public Services – or related subjects such as adventure training, communications or fitness.
- Knowledge of current evidence-based practice in field(s) of expertise.
- Knowledge of issues relating to equal opportunities and cultural diversity.
- Knowledge of and commitment to Safeguarding Children and vulnerable adults legislation
- Some experience of facilitating learning for students in Further or Higher Education or an appropriate workplace setting
- Graduate in relevant subject area
- Teaching Qualification
- Industry experience
As a member of the teaching team at Bournemouth & Poole College you can expect to receive a market rate salary and excellent benefits including:
- 38 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- up to 5 days leave during the Christmas closure period
- Free parking at all of our college sites (where spaces are available)
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Enrolment into the Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Excellent support and career development with the help of our senior practitioners and Quality department
Closing date: 15/08/2021
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Sport & Uniformed Public Services Lecturer role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.
The Bournemouth and Poole College
- Further Education
- Students of mixed gender, age 16+ years
Informally known as ‘The College’, Bournemouth and Poole College is a higher and further education organisation in Dorset. The school is home to approximately 11,000 students in the region. Apprenticeships are an integral element of The College...