“The school’s work to promote pupils’ personal development and welfare is outstanding” OFSTED 2016
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, passionate and resilient Sports Coach to join our popular and oversubscribed STEM specialist Academy on a 1 year fixed-term contract in the first instance. The ideal candidate will have a specialism in football and at least one other sport.
This is a full-time role working predominantly in term time, with extra agreed days in the school holidays, with additional flexibility required to suit the needs of the department. The salary will be commensurate with the post and will depend upon qualifications and experience. Salary is negotiable for a candidate who is able to offer cover supervisory and tutor responsibilities.
At the UCL Academy we have a vibrant sport and physical activity offer that is central to the academy vision. We aim to provide a relevant, empowering and holistic 21st century sport and physical activity education for all our pupils. We are now looking for an inspirational and well-qualified specialist Sports Coach to join our sports programme and complement the PE department. The Sports Coach will work to support at all levels in our programme; assisting and leading coaching sessions alongside coaching matches and supporting PE lessons. We wish to maintain our high levels of performance and work towards further success in national competitions and require a coach who can work confidently with our students at this level. This will be a full time position enabling the coach to form positive relationships with students and staff to help support with academic as well as sporting success.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate particular skills and experience in coaching sports, and the drive to support our teams in their development, matches and sports tours. They will have excellent coaching and planning skills, and the confidence and personality to engage pupils, parents and teachers alike.
• State-of-the-art classroom technology – including our unique Superstudios, subject specialism suites and demonstration; theatres for interactive teaching talks by visiting academics;
• Unlimited access to opportunities for self-development and intensive weekly Continuing Professional Learning;
• A whole school wellbeing strategy and designated Academy Wellbeing Lead;
• An exclusive partnership with UCL where staff have access to unrivalled University libraries and resources;
• Suitable IT equipment for all staff;
• A generous health care plan, including reimbursement for optical, dental, physiotherapy and a range of other areas, 24/7 GP access, free counselling and discounted membership at over 2,000 gyms nationwide.
How to Apply:
To apply please complete an application form by selecting the apply button on this advert, or you can contact Lisa Connolly on 0207 449 3086 for further information. Your application is a direct application to The UCL Academy.
Closing Date: Monday 1st July 2019 at 12pm
Interviews are likely to take place week commencing 1st July 2019 or 8th July 2019. You must be available to attend on the confirmed date in order to be considered for the role.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All appointments will be subject to receipt of satisfactory Enhanced DBS check, pre-employment checks and a probation period.
Please note that if you have not heard from the Academy within 2 weeks after the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful.