Sports Coach – Required as soon as possible
ade & Salary: Grade E Points 17-20 (£17,772 to £19,430 fte)
Hours: 37.5 a week (8:30 – 4:30 Monday to Friday - Term time only)
Gusford Primary School seek a highly motivated and enthusiastic School Sports Coach to support the delivery of high quality PE and School Sport. The successful candidate will be required to deliver a broad and balanced curriculum to primary school children from Reception classes to Year 6. This is an excellent opportunity to join Team Gusford. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate:
- An enthusiasm for working with children
- Experience of coaching / teaching children and young people
- The ability to manage a diverse workload
- Commitment and flexibility
- A willingness to learn and develop new skills
- The ability to communicate effectively
- Support the work of school staff to deliver high quality PE and school sport. This may include breakfast, lunchtime and after school clubs as well as curriculum lessons Support the development of PE and school sport
- Set up, take down and store activity equipment
- Take a lead role in the management of school sports teams
- Take a lead role in the organisation of intra and inter school competitions
- Promote Health, Safety and Welfare in PE and school sport
- Support Equality and Diversity in PE and school sport
What we can offer you:
- A rewarding and enjoyable position in a primary school environment
- A friendly team of school staff who will be very keen to welcome you and work with you to provide the best opportunities to their children
- A firm commitment to your personal and professional development.
Gusford Primary School is part of The Active Learning Trust: www.activelearningtrust.org. As a Trust school we pride ourselves on working in close partnership in order to benefit our pupils, staff and community. Policies are available to view on the Active Learning Trust and Gusford Primary School websites. Our school website is: http://www.gusfordprimary.net
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
For further details or to arrange a visit please contact Vicki Martin, our School Business Manager, on 01473 682148 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 26th April @4pm Interviews: Thursday 3rd May 2018
Gusford Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is subject to an enhanced DBS check.