Focus Learning Trust is part of One School Global, one of the most extensive and progressive networks of schools and educational support services in the world. With schools in 20 countries worldwide, our 9,000 students are benefiting from the amazing results of global collaboration and cutting-edge educational methods such as Self-Directed Learning.
Focus School Ridgeway Campus is seeking to appoint an experienced, skilled and well qualified Sports Coach 2 days a week to support, inspire and enthuse our students from Year 3 to Year 13. You will lead on the delivery of sports lessons and will assist with sporting events within the school throughout the year, ensuring the development and inclusion of all learners.
Our schools offer achievement, opportunity and professional challenge to our students within a supportive environment. The students have a passion and desire to excel in learning. We are looking for conscientious and hard-working individuals who are passionate about education, pay meticulous attention to detail and who wish to maintain our environment to the highest standard. Our goal is to become a leading-edge school in every aspect.
N.B. Visits prior to application are warmly welcomed so you can come and see for yourself what makes Focus Learning Trust such a special and unique place to work
N.B. This position is open to NQT's and Qualified Teachers
• To manage and organise sports and sporting events within the school
• To ensure high quality teaching, effective use of resources and the highest standards of care, learning and achievement for all pupils
• To plan effectively to ensure pupils have the opportunity to meet their full potential, including students with SEND
• To work collaboratively with the SENCO to effectively meet the needs of pupils with Special Educational Needs
• To assess, record and monitor each pupil’s progress in line with the National Framework profile and to report to parents
• To use teaching strategies that keep pupils engaged through effective questioning, lively presentation and good use of resources
• To create a safe and stimulating learning environment that supports learning and in which pupils feel secure and confident
• To work effectively as a member of the school team, establishing and maintaining good relationships with colleagues, parents and pupils
• Possess an up to date knowledge and understanding of the professional duties of Teachers/ Coaches and the statutory framework within which you work
• To have an up to date knowledge of the National Curriculum for PE for Key Stages 2 to 4 including exam specifications
• Possess the relevant qualifications such as a Level 2 Sports Coach
• Be relentlessly positive, with a ‘can do’ attitude
• Enjoy being part of a supportive team
• Be caring and enthusiastic
• Respect the school’s Ethos and Values
• Supportive staff, Trustees and an involved community who are committed to school improvement.
• Students who are enthusiastic and highly motivated with a love of learning
• State of the art teaching facilities providing a modern and technologically advanced learning environment for students
• A competitive salary including a staff laptop
• The opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of our students
• Professional support from Focus Learning Trust, equivalent to 100 hours per academic year, with up to 30 hours at our Teacher Academy - our brand-new skills centre which is driving progress in learning and teaching throughout Focus schools
For further information relating to the Campus, or for more information about Focus Schools please visit: www.focus-school.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
To arrange a visit please contact the campus directly on 03300 552 611. For a pre-application discussion please call Melissa Podlaski on 0330 055 5600, or email email@example.com for an application pack.
Closing Date for application forms: Thursday 23rd May 2019
Interviews will be held week commencing: 27th May 2019
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Focus School Ridgeway Campus is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2018 and The Education Act 2002, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Charity No. 1066592