Vision for Education, the supply arm of TES, are seeking to appoint a motivated Sports Coach to join our successful supply teaching team and to work in Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) schools and specialist provisions in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire. This is a part-time position, working exclusively with children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and to start as soon as possible. It will continue on a permanent basis if you are the right person for the school.
We are looking for Sports Coaches who are engaging, enthusiastic and have a genuine passion for sports coaching and teaching PE. The successful Sports Coach will be leading PE in small groups of children, supporting the class teacher with teaching PE and participating in extra-curricular clubs. In addition, the ideal Sports Coach will be supporting the class teacher as a Teaching Assistant alongside PE duties if required. It is essential that you hold excellent communication and organisational skills, and be able to inspire children and young people to be actively interested in PE. The ideal Sports Coach will be working across the Primary and Secondary phase and they will be supporting and teaching small groups of children when required (planning would be provided).
The successful Sports Coach will need to be flexible and be able to travel to different Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) schools and provisions in Peterborough and the surrounding Cambridgeshire areas.
Whilst prior experience of working with children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) is ideal for this position, this isn’t essential. This is because it’s more important that we appoint a Sports Coach who has a calm, nurturing and engaging approach when it comes to supporting children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
To be considered for the position as a Sports Coach, you must:
- Have qualifications in Sports Coaching or a similar qualification type.
- Have experience working with children and young people
- Ideally, have experience of working with children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), including; Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties (EBD), Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) Needs, Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD) and Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD)
- Have worked previously in Sports Coaching with children and young people.
At Vision for Education, we take our responsibilities to our practitioners seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of the Vision for Education team, and as a Sports Coach, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates of pay, paid weekly through PAYE
- Support through your placements
- Unparalleled daily rates
- Access to a dedicated SEND Consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Access to free specialist Continued Professional Development (CPD) opportunities such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling Qualifications, and 20+ eLearning Courses through EduCare
- £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
If you are a Sports Coach who can enthuse, motivate and engage students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you today.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and meet Vision for Education's stringent safeguarding checks for this position as a Sports Coach. We will also require you to hold a current DBS certificate (Child Workforce only) and it be registered on the Online Update Service. If your DBS is not registered online or you do not hold a DBS under Child Workforce, Vision will assist in your application.
For more information on this Sports Coach position and other teaching opportunities Vision for Education have to offer within Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) in Peterborough and across Cambridgeshire, please contact the Peterborough SEND Team on 01733 371371.