*** Vision for Education are currently recruiting for Sports Coaches to work in Special Educational Needs (SEN) Schools and Provisions in Wisbech and the surrounding Fenland areas ***
We are looking for individuals who are engaging, enthuastic and have a genuine passion for sports coaching and teaching PE. You role will involve leading PE in small groups of children, supporting the class teacher with teaching PE and participating in extra-curricular clubs. It is essential that you hold excellent communication and organisational skills, and be able to inspire children and young people to be actively interested in PE. Your role would be spread across the Primary and Secondary phase and you will need to be able to support and teach small groups of children when required (planning would be provided).
Ideally you will have:
- Qualifications in Sports Coaching or a similar qualification type.
- Have experience working with children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), including; Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties (EBD), Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) Needs, Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD) and Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD)
- Worked specifically in Sports Coaching with children and young people.
This position would begin on a day-to-day supply basis, with the potential of becoming a long-term, permanent position if you are the right person for the school.
- Excellent and transparent rates of pay.
- Consistent training courses such as Team Teach, Moving & Handling Autism Awareness, as well as access to e-Learning Courses (paid for by Vision) to continue your individual professional development.
- Generous Refer a Friend Scheme.
- Dedicated team that work with our supply staff to place them in schools and locations that suit them.
- Wages paid directly into your bank account every week via PAYE (not through an umbrella company)
- We are an agency that won't charge your school a fee should they wish to offer you a permanent contract; we won't stand in the way of your career.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and meet Vision for Education's stringent safeguarding checks for this position. We will also require you to hold a current DBS certificate (Child Workforce only) and it be registered on the Online Update Service. If your DBS is not registered online or you do not hold a DBS under Child Workforce, Vision will assist in your application.
If you feel you have the qualities we are looking for and would like to know more, please contact the Peterborough office on 01733 371371. Alternatively, please apply for this position through this website.