Salary: The UCL Academy PayScale 4, Spine point 7
Actual Salary: £21,092.74
Contract Type: 1 Academic Year - Fixed-term in the first instance, 1 September 2020 – 31 August 2021
Contract Terms: Full Time (37 hours), Monday – Friday, Term time only
Location: The UCL Academy, London Borough of Camden
Start Date: As soon as possible
“The school’s work to promote pupils’ personal development and welfare is outstanding” OFSTED 2016
Having successfully worked with Loughborough University in previous years, the UCL Academy are excited to announce that we are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, passionate and resilient Sports Development Coach to join our popular and oversubscribed STEAM specialist Secondary School. The ideal candidate will have a specialism in football and at least one other sport.
This is a full-time role working predominantly in term time, with extra agreed days in the school holidays, with additional flexibility required to suit the needs of the department. The salary will be commensurate with the post and will depend upon qualifications and experience.
About the Department
At the UCL Academy we have a vibrant sport and physical activity offer that is central to the academy vision. We aim to provide a relevant, empowering and holistic 21st century sport and physical activity education for all our pupils. We are now looking for an inspirational and well-qualified specialist Sports Development Coach to join our sports programme and complement the PE department. The Sports Development Coach will work to support at all levels in our programme; assisting and leading coaching sessions alongside coaching matches and supporting PE lessons. We wish to maintain our high levels of performance and work towards further success in national competitions and require a coach who can work confidently with our students at this level. This will be a full time position enabling the coach to form positive relationships with students and staff to help support with academic as well as sporting success.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate particular skills and experience in coaching sports, and the drive to support our teams in their development, matches and sports tours. They will have excellent coaching and planning skills, and the confidence and personality to engage pupils, parents and teachers alike.
You can visit www.uclacademy.co.uk for more information or why not watch our school video at: www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSafC5jHeDM
• State-of-the-art classroom technology – including our unique Superstudios, subject specialism suites and demonstration; theatres for interactive teaching talks by visiting academics;
• Unlimited access to opportunities for self-development and intensive weekly Continuing Professional Learning;
• A whole school wellbeing strategy;
• An exclusive partnership with UCL where staff have access to unrivalled University libraries and resources;
• Suitable IT equipment for all teaching and support staff;
• A generous health care plan, including reimbursement for optical, dental, physiotherapy and a range of other areas, 24/7 GP access, free counselling and discounted membership at over 2,000 gyms nationwide;
• Cycle to Work scheme with ample space for bike storage.
• Transport for London Season ticket loans available upon request.
What we Want
The successful applicant must be able to:
• demonstrate particular skills and experience in coaching sports;
• have the drive to support our teams in their development, matches and sports tours;
• acquire excellent coaching and planning skills;
• confidence and personality to engage pupils, parents and teachers alike.
How To Apply
To apply please complete and submit a detailed application form, through the ‘quick link’ provided. If you have any questions regarding the role you may contact Zaheer Ahmad, Recruitment Coordinator at 0207 449 3080 for further information. Your application is a direct application to The UCL Academy.
The advert will close on Monday 30 August 2021. All applications will be reviewed upon the school re-opening after the Summer break. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within the first 2 weeks of September.
Closing Date: Monday 30 August 2021
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All appointments will be subject to receipt of satisfactory Enhanced DBS check, pre-employment checks and a probation period.
Please note that if you have not heard from the Academy within 2 weeks after the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful.
The UCL Academy, Camden
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
The UCL Academy is sponsored by UCL, a world-class, multifaculty, research-led university. UCL's vision is an innovative Academy for pupils aged 11 to 18. We are a comprehensive, co-educational, non-denominational, fully inclusive and an active membe...