We require a Swimming instructor with specific skills and qualifications as a Lifeguard (NPLQ or NaRS) who will maintain safety in and around the pool. They will also be expected to contribute within the P.E department in practical and theory lessons when not involved in poolside duties and teaching pupils swimming skills.
Reporting directly to Director of Sports & Community You will be expected to:
- Work to an assigned timetable and assist with team teaching of students
- Adhere to processes and procedures whilst the pupils in your care continually have a fun, stimulating and safe time
- Risk assess and manage poolside safety before, after and during all swim sessions
- Plan and deliver a variety of other activities with structure and enthusiasm; encouraging maximum participation
- Ideally qualified or studying towards a sports/coaching, creative, teaching/childcare qualification
- Previous experience working with children
- Relevant Lifeguard qualification (Lifeguard-NPLQ/NaRS) with experience in specialist area
- Full first aid at work qualification preferred
For further information and an application form, please visit our website:-
www.hodgehill.bham.sch.uk/vacancies or alternatively email: firstname.lastname@example.org Hodge Hill College, Bromford Road, Birmingham, B36 8HB. Tel: 0121 783 7807 email@example.com
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role Hodge Hill College is an equal opportunities employer
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will be required to apply for Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure Barring Service although a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining the position. Hodge Hill College is an equal opportunities employer.
Closing Date: 28th February 2018