The successful applicant will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
We are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic Support Teacher - Inclusive Education (STIE) to join our caring and supportive community.
The STIE works in collaborative partnerships to achieve educational outcomes for all students by developing a whole school commitment to inclusive education practices in an evolving educational environment. The principles of inclusive education provide flexibility to respond to the diverse needs of students.
Applicants should have teaching experience of at least 5 years and hold post graduate qualifications in a relevant discipline, for example, Inclusive Education or Special Education as recognised by Brisbane Catholic Education.
1. Demonstrate an understanding of, commitment to, and support for the values and ethos of the Catholic School and the Mission of the Catholic Church.
2. Apply knowledge and skills to use data to shape pedagogical approaches within the Australian Curriculum to cater for the diverse learning needs of all students, including students with disability, students with learning difficulties and/or students who are gifted.
3. Capacity to develop structures and procedures to promote inclusive education practices.
4. Use collaborative processes to facilitate meaningful engagement and progress for students with diverse learning needs, including students with disability, students with learning difficulties and/or students who are gifted.
5. Share skills and knowledge through professional development, consultation and advice.
6. Maintain professional expertise in a dynamic and evolving context including understanding of Brisbane Catholic Educations's Model of Pedagogy, High Yield Strategies, Monitoring Tools in Literacy and Numeracy, as well as the named Effective and Expected Practices in Literacy and Numeracy.
St Brigid's School is a co-educational Catholic Primary School situated in Nerang in the beautiful Gold Coast hinterland, with an approximate enrolment of 410 students. The School was established in 1994 and is named after St. Brigid, one of the Patron Saints of Ireland. The St Brigid’s Way - Making Christ Present is in honour of St. Brigid. Through our curriculum and courses, celebration and worship rituals, our cultivation of the aesthetics and Religious Education program, we attempt as a School to give witness to the essential wholeness of the human experience - social, moral, physical, spiritual and intellectual development.
Visit our school website here
Estimated Start Date: Commencing April 2019
Employment Tenure: Part Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): 8 months
If Part Time, hours and/or days required: The position requires the successful candidate to work 4 days per week with potential to increase to 5 days per week.
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Jo Duran
Contact Telephone Number: 5596 4188
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Role Description - Teacher Opens in new window
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window