Introduction about Position We Offer:
Name of the school: Vanke School, Pudong
Location: No. 1700 Kangqiao Road, Pudong District, Shanghai, China
Position: STEAM Teacher
Student Ages: 6,7 years old and 11,12 years old
Classroom Size: 20 students per class
Student English Level: High
1. Teaching in English across the subject areas in the designated grade;
2. Providing the curriculum where inquiry and higher-level thinking skills drives the learning;
3. Effectively managing a class where a welcoming, safe environment is created;
4. Working effectively within team settings;
5. Contributing to school development;
We Have Requirements:
1. Relevant tertiary qualifications in STEAM filed (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Mathematics), Bachelor degree is a must. Master’s Degree preferred;
2. At least two years' experience teaching STEM related programing to school-aged children in a group setting; Experience with Lego Mindstorm and Robotics programing is a plus;
3.Teaching license required ;
4. Be an innovative and engaging classroom practitioner;
5. Be a collaborative team player;
6. Have a passion for STEM education;
7. Be willing to contribute to co-curricular life and the school community.
Tell You More about Us:
Vanke School Pudong, A school with stories !
Following the spirit of forging ahead, Vanke is committed combing the educational practices of the East and the West, nurturing Chinese talent for international an lifestyle. To provide children with a whole new bilingual educational experience and develop their own balance and the skill of lifelong learning and innovation, Vanke School, Pudong was founded in Kangqiao, Shanghai in September, 2017.
The mission of Vanke School, Pudong is to Inspire Unlimited Potential (IUP). Through the rich and challenging bilingual, multicultural and interdisciplinary curriculum, we are devoted to fostering students’ balanced personalities, lifelong learning abilities, innovation and leadership skills, thus laying a solid foundation for a sound and fruitful life for all of them.
Vanke School, Pudong's educational philosophy is one of integrating the essence of Chinese education with Western education approaches. The school adheres the core educational aim of inspiring unlimited potential. Based on the former curricula of International Bilingual C Program, the curriculum of Vanke School, Pudong will be comprehensively updated and improved upon to shape a unique curriculum system which not only retains the original high standard of English-Chinese bilingual courses, but also develops new courses for fostering students’ critical thinking and creativity skillsets. These courses will include STEAM, sports, Arts, the Analects of Confucius, Beauty Shaping and other courses. Moreover extracurricular activities, like rowing, Run for Love, and Industry Summer Career Practice Projects with Vanke links, will be implemented in the beginning years of the School so as to construct an enriched curriculum.