Term time only
King Alfred School has a unique and exciting opportunity for an inspirational STEM teacher specialising in Maths to join our ground-breaking Year 6-8 project from September 2021.
We are implementing a cutting-edge multi-disciplinary Year 6-8 curriculum where each individual will have significant autonomy over their work. Maths will be taught both as a discrete subject and through inter-disciplinary projects. The curriculum will be underpinned by a rigorous development of core skills and competencies.
The successful candidate will devote most of their timetable to Years 6-8, but there will be scope for some GCSE and/or A-level Maths teaching too.
Key aspects of the role will be:
- Planning and facilitating inter-disciplinary structured enquiry projects
- Teaching discrete Maths lessons in Years 6 to 8, and beyond
- Running coaching and mentoring sessions
- Evaluating all aspects of the new curriculum as part of a rigorous evaluation process, potentially leading towards a Masters in Education.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a good honours degree + PGCE secondary (QTS)
- Have proven success in Maths teaching in Years 7-11
- Show a passion for inter-disciplinary project learning with a solid grasp of enquiry-based pedagogy
- Have strong ideas for how STEM projects can enhance the learning of Maths, Science and Design.
This is an excellent opportunity to participate in a project which breaks the mould. Please contact Julian Reed, Director of 6-8: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to find out more about the new Year 6-8 curriculum and the Maths department, contact Jeff Harlow at email@example.com
If you share our vision and are a reflective, hard-working and forward-looking professional, we would very much like to hear from you.
The salary for this role will be dependent on experience (King Alfred follows the Outer London pay scales, enhanced by an additional KAS annual supplement c. £5,500).
Closing date for applications: 4pm, Tuesday 26 January 2021
Interviews to be held on: Thursday 4 February 2021
To apply for this exciting opportunity please go to our website and apply via our online Application Form.
All members of the King Alfred School community are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
King Alfred School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 18 years
King Alfred School is a small, friendly, independent, co-educational child-centred school. We accept pupils from age 4 to 18; the school is strictly non-denominational embracing a wide ability range. Classes are unusually small and pastoral care is v...