STEP Governance Clerks, East Sussex
Annualised Hours Contract (equivalent to 11 ½ per week)
Passion – Urgency – Positivity – Aspiration – Commitment
STEP Academy Trust is an exciting, dynamic place to work that can offer great opportunities to the right candidate. If you are ready to take the next step in your career, join us as we ‘Strive Together for Excellence in Partnership’.
STEP Academy Trust is seeking to recruit STEP Governance Clerks to join our Governance Team in a supportive, mission and values driven organisation. Committed to improving the life chances of all children, the Trust was established to work with partners in need of rapid improvement.
We are seeking Clerks for our Academy Committees which currently oversee one or two Academies in East Sussex. Our Clerks ensure STEP Academies benefit from centralised and co-ordinated clerking support, and work with the Board of Trustees in meeting the overall governance needs of STEP. The post holders will be expected to attend allocated Academy Committee meetings to take minutes, as well as to provide support with administration and other tasks in order to ensure that the STEP Governance Team provides an exemplary service to its academies and the Trust.
We can offer you:
- Subsided private health care with Benenden;
- A free school lunch when working in school;
- Free subscription to Perkbox discount scheme.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be experienced in taking minutes, preferably in a school governance or corporate environment;
- Be able to make notes clearly, accurately and concisely;
- Be highly organised and have a flexible approach to work, with the ability to work remotely;
- Act as a two-way conduit between the STEP Central Team and Academy Committees;
- Share STEP’s commitment to improving the life chances of all children.
You are welcome to contact us for an informal discussion about this post prior to application, please contact a member of our Governance Team to make arrangements– firstname.lastname@example.org
The Job Description/Person Specification and Application Form can be downloaded from the STEP website – www.stepacademytrust.org Completed application forms with supporting statements written in line with the person specification should be returned by email to Cheryl Gilbert, Executive Secretary – email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 27 September 2019
Interviews:To be arranged upon receipt of suitable applications
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check and references.