Support Staff Grade 11
Competitive salary between £33,800 and £36,900 (dependant on experience) with annual national pay awards
We are seeking to appoint a Strategic Facilities Manager to provide a professional comprehensive estates, facilities and health and safety service across all Schools in the MILL Academy.
You will work directly with the Trust Executive Committee comprising the Chief Executive, Director of Education and the Chief Finance Officer. You will support the Business Managers and School Leaders at all schools to provide strategic planning, advice, guidance and support and to report on a regular basis to the Trust Board and School Leadership Teams across the Academy.
This is a full-time, year round role and you need to be flexible with your time to be able to attend sites during early mornings, evenings and weekends where meetings or the demands of the job require.
What type of candidate are we looking for?
- Experienced and knowledgeable estates and facilities manager who has worked with large and diverse estates for charities and/or publicly financed organisations
- Experience of listed buildings and conservation areas
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role ideally at a strategic level
- Able to work at a strategic level and communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Effective people manager, who is both a team player but also able to quickly and effectively deal with emerging staffing issues
- Able to delegate and develop team members to manage tasks and issues themselves
- Highly organised and able to plan several years ahead for large scale projects, but also effectively manage the team to address routine maintenance and day-to day issues
- Solutions based approach to tackling issues and projects
- IT literate and able to work with electronic management and monitoring systems
For more details please see the recruitment pack and the job description attached.
We would be delighted to have an informal discussion with you prior to your application or to arrange a visit to see our schools.
Our Trust is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to undertake enhanced DBS and other relevant pre-employment checks including references from present and previous employers, qualification checks and confidential health assessment.
Full application forms are required. No unaccompanied CVs will be accepted
Closing date: Monday 24th February 2020 at 8.00am