Strings Programme Leader
Location: Marylebone, London
Salary: Full-time salary is £ 27,073 - £32,527
Contract: Permanent, Full-time
Closing date: Friday 17th February 2023 at 11pm
To have oversight of all strings tuition, curriculum progression and design across the academy with particular focus on years 4 to 9 (aged 8-13).
Person Specification: Strings Programme Leader
· Evidence of continually improving the teaching and learning of their subject though schemes of work and extra-curricular activities etc
· Experience of raising proficiency in a challenging classroom environment
· Experience of teaching across primary and secondary age ranges
· Experience of leading and developing strings programmes in educational settings
· Experience of providing tuition in all upper and lower string instruments
Skills and attributes
We are looking for these skills and attributes or at the very least, a clear, demonstrable capacity to develop them:
· Effective team worker and leader.
· High expectations for accountability and consistency.
· Vision aligned with KSA’s high aspirations, high expectations of self and others.
· Genuine passion and a belief in the potential of every student.
· Motivation to continually improve standards and achieve excellence.
· Commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils.
Teaching and Learning
· Creative and highly skilled musician
· Excellent classroom practitioner
· Effective and systematic behaviour management, with clear boundaries, sanctions, praise and rewards.
· Has good communication, planning and organisational skills.
· Demonstrates resilience, motivation and commitment to driving up standards of achievement.
· Commitment to regular and on-going professional development and training to establish outstanding classroom practice.
Alignment with KSA vision
· Relentless drive to do whatever it takes to ensure all students succeed.
· The belief that with the right environment more than 95% of our pupils are able to excel at University.
· The courage and conviction to make a difference.
· The ability to listen and communicate effectively.
· Empathy and the ability to understand the needs, aspirations and motivation of diverse individuals and groups.
· The ability to influence and motivate others.
· Identify, analyse and resolve problems and issues.
· Develop plans with concrete outcomes and effective solutions.
· Evaluate results and identify necessary actions.
· Sustain energy, optimism and motivation in the face of pressure and setbacks.
· Stay calm in difficult situations and maintain clarity of vision.
· Be adaptable in the face of adversity.
Results and learning orientation
· Commitment to ongoing improvement and learning.
· Focus on achieving challenging goals and results.
· Resourcefulness and flexibility in delivering outcomes.
View the full job description and person specification Here.
How to apply:
To apply, please visit our website here https://kingsolomonacademy.org/current-vacancies.
To discuss the role, please feel free to email the Principal’s PA, Shaheen Riaz or phone on 0207 563 6901.
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in its academies. In order to meet this responsibility, its academies follow a rigorous selection process to discourage and screen out unsuitable applicants.
Ark requires all employees to undertake an enhanced DBS check. You are required, before appointment, to disclose any unspent conviction, cautions, reprimands or warnings under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975. Non-disclosure may lead to termination of employment. However, disclosure of a criminal background will not necessarily debar you from employment - this will depend upon the nature of the offence(s) and when they occurred. To read more about Ark’s safer recruitment process, please click this link.
King Solomon Academy is an all-through school for 3 - 18 year olds in Lisson Grove.
Pupils and their immense potential are at the heart of the academy. They live and work by the philosophy that there are no excuses and no short cuts to success, and p...