Student Achievement Leader
Permanent | MPR / UPR | TLR 2B (£4,532) | January 2020
Any subject specialism will be considered.
Please note: As a Doncaster school, if you gained QTS in Science or Computing in the last 5 years, you will be eligible for the teachers' student loan reimbursement.
- An excellent classroom teacher who wishes to combine teaching with raising attainment and progress whole school?
- Aspiring to champion a year group of young people to overcome barriers and achieve their potential?
- Looking to work in a school that has great potential and capacity to improve?
- Seeking to work as part of a team to support pastoral provision and raise standards?
Then, Sir Thomas Wharton Academy (an 11-18 school) within Maltby Learning Trust could be the next step in your career. We are seeking to appoint a team of ambitious, talented teachers who are advocates for young people. A proven track record of excellence in the classroom and a desire to promote pastoral care, celebrate success and provide mentorship are essential.
Our successful candidate will:
- Be an excellent classroom practitioner with high expectations of all learners and professionals within the team
- Be highly competent with data to target intervention and evaluate solutions
- Be a team player and work proactively with other leaders and multi-agencies to develop and implement effective pastoral provision
- Be committed to raising standards for vulnerable young people across the Academy enabling them to secure positive progression routes
In return we offer:
- An outstanding induction programme with supportive and dynamic staff
- A reduced teaching load within an ambitious department
- Excellent career development opportunities and access to a comprehensive programme of Professional Learning and Development
- An opportunity to work collaboratively within a multi academy Trust
If desirable, prospective candidates are invited to visit our Academy. Please contact our recruitment partner to organise this - Min Cunning: 0114 217 email@example.com
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
How do I apply?
For further information, or to request an application pack, please contact our recruitment partner, Muirne (Min) Cunning on 0114 272 1470 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed applications including a covering letter detailing how your skills and experience to date will prepare you for this role should be addressed to Mrs Yvonne Bootman, Associate Principal and submitted to email@example.com
Closing Date: Monday 14th October 2019 at 9:00 am
Interviews: w/c Monday 14th October 2019