Student Co-Teacher English: Temporary Part-time position
Hours negotiable up to 30 hrs/week
MacKillop College is situated on the beautiful Mid North Coast of NSW. Our College provides a learning and teaching environment that encourages striving for excellence for over 1100 students. As a Catholic school we support our students with a Pastoral Care structure and well-being programs as well as outstanding academic, sporting and cultural opportunities.
Mackillop College is seeking applications from suitable 3rd or 4th year Secondary Education/Teaching degree university students or Master of Education students with a BA (English) to commence in 2020.
Applications close Monday, 17th February 2020 at 10am.
The role will involve Student Teachers working collaboratively with experienced teachers to pilot a coteaching model to maximise student learning and facilitate inquiry based learning. Student Co-teachers will assist teachers in implementing engaging and student centred pedagogy.
Remuneration: NSW and ACT Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017 – Classroom and Learning Support Services, level 4.1.
● Applicants will ideally be a third or fourth year Secondary Education student majoring in Secondary English or studying a Masters of Education with a specialisation in Secondary English.
● Applicants should be creative, collaborative and able to work in teams and have a positive and 'can do' attitude.
● Applicants should be focused on maximizing student learning through student centred pedagogy and differentiation.
● Applicants should be willing to learn and be mentored by experienced teachers.
● Applicants need to be willing and able to participate in and support the religious dimension of St Agnes’ Parish Secondary Schools. https://stagnesparish.org.au/
● Applicants must hold a current NSW Working with Children Check and NESA number identified in your cover letter and your Resume must include three listed referees.
● Applicants must register with the Diocese of Lismore Catholic Schools Office if their application proceeds to employment.
Written applications including transcripts of subjects studied should be emailed to:
Cath Eichmann, Principal
Receipt of applications will be acknowledged via email only after application closing date.
Child protection legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Information on how to Register for Employment in the Lismore Diocese is available on the Catholic Schools Office website http://www.lism.catholic.edu.au/employment/employment-information/