“The school’s work to promote pupils’ personal development and welfare is outstanding”
We are seeking to appoint a Student Enrichment Coordinator to join our popular and oversubscribed STEM specialist Academy. Please note that various and flexible working arrangements are available to suit the preferred needs of the candidate. The successful candidate will work with students and staff to develop, manage and supervise a programme of student focused engagement and extra-curricular enrichment activities, including our unique Self Directed Learning Curriculum and exciting new 17x17 Programme. The successful Student Enrichment Coordinator will be confident, have a proven track record of organisational skills and be willing to work as part of a team.
This role will suit applicants with outgoing personalities who are looking for an exciting and rewarding role. Ideally applicants must have experience of working in an education environment, developing opportunities in a range of extra-curricular related activities, and working and communicating with young people. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing enrichment programmes, activities and events and working with external parties to recruit volunteers and staff instructors. You will be required to maintain a positive environment/atmosphere for learning, and be committed to providing students from all backgrounds with a great range of opportunities.
Proudly rated Good by Ofsted in all 4 categories in June 2016, The UCL Academy is a mixed 11-19 Academy in the heart of the London Borough of Camden. Priding ourselves on high academic aspirations, A-Level students in 2017 attained substantially above the national average for A*-B grades, and our GCSE outcomes were well above the national average when the first cohort of pupils took their examinations in 2017. Our sponsor, UCL, is among the top universities in the world. Staff and students alike work with the university to develop their teaching and learning in exciting ways informed by the latest research.
Please note that interviews will take place on Tuesday 17th July and therefore you must be available to attend the Academy on this date.
- Have good interpersonal and presentational skills
- Be forward thinking, visionary, receptive to change and able to work under pressure
- Have the ability to communicate with a range of staff on different levels
- Excellent IT skills
- Be flexible with working arrangements
- State-of-the-art classroom technology – including our unique Superstudios, subject specialism suites and demonstration theatres for interactive teaching talks by visiting academics from UCL
- Unlimited access to opportunities for self-development
- Intensive weekly Continuing Professional Learning
- An exclusive partnership with UCL where teaching staff have access to unrivalled University libraries and resources
- Laptops & iPads for all teaching staff
- A generous health care plan, including reimbursement for optical, dental, physiotherapy and a range of other areas, 24/7 GP access, online healthcare literature, access to trained counsellors and discounted membership at over 2,000 gyms nationwide.
How To Apply:
To apply please request an application pack from Faye Harrison at email@example.com, or you can contact Faye on 0207 259 8770 for further information. Your application is a direct application to The UCL Academy, Hays is our recruitment partner and manages our permanent appointments. The Academy holds the right to shortlist candidates prior to the closing date.
Closing Date for Applications: Monday 16th July at 12pm
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All appointments will be subject to receipt of satisfactory Enhanced DBS check, pre-employment checks and a probation period.
Please note that if you have not heard from the Academy within 2 weeks after the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful.