Salary: £20,066 - £22,424 (per annum)
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full time
We are seeking a Student Liaison Officer to join our Learning Services team to support learners at our Chester campus.
• Maintain high visibility across the campus, communicating effectively with learners and promoting positive behaviours;
• Be present at the campus barriers in the morning to support learner arrival and monitor lanyard compliance;
• Be an active member of the Be-Safe team supporting and advising on safeguarding concerns, referrals & learner welfare;
• Act as first aider as required; and
• Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons in line with College policies.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
• Level 3 qualification (or equivalent), in a related discipline;
• GCSE Grade C (4/5) in Maths and English (or equivalent);
• First Aid at Work Certificate (with commitment to remain valid);
• Experience of safeguarding and providing advice and guidance to learners;
• Proven track record in co-ordinating learner activities and
• Enhanced DBS check.
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.
• Competitive salary;
• Pension scheme;
• 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays);
• College ‘Count Me In’ social platform;
• Onsite fitness and childcare facilities;
• Onsite Costa, café, shop, restaurants, hair and beauty salon;
• Free onsite parking.
How to apply:
Please complete our application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 December 2021. The selection process will take place on 20 December 2021.
Cheshire College - South & West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.
Cheshire College – South & West is the largest provider of post-16 education in the region, offering exciting opportunities to over 11,000 learners and 1,000 Apprentices, who all have access to world-class facilities as a result of a £120m investment in the latest technology and real working environments, at modern Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester.
Cheshire College is a dynamic, high quality and financially robust College, which provides learners with the skills, experience and qualifications that will prepare them for their future career or higher-level study, encouraging them to become confident individuals who will make valuable contributions to businesses and the local economy.
In November 2019 Ofsted rated the College “Good”. Ofsted praised the College for its “highly-effective” education programmes, which meet the specific needs and aspirations of learners.
Cheshire College is the only Further Education provider in Cheshire to have been selected by the Government to offer T Levels in Construction, Digital, Science and Health, Education and Childcare, from September 2021. The brand-new two-year qualifications have been designed with leading businesses and provide learners with numerous opportunities to find out what a real career is like.
Cheshire College is a key driver in the regeneration of the region, working closely with over 500 partners and within communities, to empower individuals and nurture talent, taking the time to listen, help and care, whilst always acting with honesty, integrity and trust.
Cheshire College is on a mission to develop digital skills and knowledge across the community with their new five-year project, ‘The Digital Hub’, which is part of a £5m investment made by Cheshire and Warrington LEP. The Digital Hub aims to deliver skills and career pathways in additive manufacturing and Virtual and Augmented Reality, as well as improve Advanced Manufacturing Skills to expand digital infrastructures in existing workforces and facilitate access to technology within community organisations.
As well as our modern classrooms, we have industry-standard facilities which include impressive art and design workshops, science laboratories and a motor vehicle workshop with four vehicle ramps.
Our strong links with local employers, such as Vauxhall Motors, SP Energy Networks, Ecolab and Unilever, ensure learners have access to work placements and industry professionals to support their future careers. Media, games art and design learners develop skills in a number of areas and have access to 4K video recording equipment and specialist software applications.
Cheshire College – South & West is the largest provider of post-16 education in the region, offering exciting opportunities to over 11,000 learners and 1,000 Apprentices, who all have access to world-class facilities as a result of a £120m invest...