Student Progress Leader
Term Time Only plus 5 days (0.84 FTE)
Grade 6 Pt 20 to 25 £16321 to £19032 (Actual)
Required for September 2018 (one year fixed term contract)
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated Student Progress Leader to join our successful Inclusion Department. The role will focus on working with students and their families to remove barriers to learning and to raise levels of achievement. The successful candidate will work with students who have behavioural, social, emotional, and attendance issues. You will support students to develop coping strategies, enhance motivation, raise aspirations and encourage re-engagement with learning.
We are looking for a person who:
- Demonstrates an excellent knowledge of a range of Inclusion related issues
- Demonstrates a clear commitment to raising achievement and Is passionate about making a difference to the lives of young people
- Has a background in counselling, youth work, social work or teaching, and experience of working in a team
- Is well organised, inspirational, committed and hard working
- Is able to assist the Achievement Team Leader in improving outcomes for our students
- Has excellent communication skills
- Has flexibility, vision and commitment
We can offer:
- A dedicated and enthusiastic team of teachers and support staff
- An excellent reputation in the local community
- A CPD programme for all staff
- Superb facilities and resources
- Aspirational and hard working students
- Strong parental engagement
- High standards and expectations
This post would suit:
- An applicant with experience in dealing with a range of complex underlying issues that may impact negatively on learning and achievement, such as bereavement, low self-esteem, low aspirations, mental health issues, relationship difficulties, bullying, peer pressure and family issues or concerns.
The academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references, including your suitability to work with students. Applications will only be considered from individual applicants on our standard application form, and not via CV alone or agencies.
For further information visit our website www.tsla.co.uk , alternatively please contact Helen West, Assistant Principal for Inclusion and Achievement on 01724 842447 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply please download and complete the application form from our website and submit to Lorna Johnson, PA to the Senior Leadership Team, to email@example.com. Closing Date : Wednesday 21st February 2018 at 9am. Interviews on Wednesday 28th February 2018.