Student Protection Officer | Toowoomba Catholic Schools Office
Applications close Friday, 13 September 2019
Full time | 38 hours per week
Continuing | Immediate start
PO 5 | $111,317 - $125,714
(Position arising from an employee promotion)
Toowoomba Catholic Schools (TCS) is a system of 31 primary, secondary, and P-12 schools located in Toowoomba, and across the Darling Downs and South West Queensland.
This is an exciting time to be joining our organisation. This role will work in partnership with the Manager: Professional Standards to address Student Protection issues and is an integral part of the safety, security and wellbeing of students. The role holder will provide and coordinate advice and service to schools, the community and the Toowoomba Catholic Schools Office (TCSO) regarding Student Protection.
- relevant tertiary qualification in psychology, social work or a related field or a minimum of 5 years’ demonstrated experience in a similar role
- effective relationship building and influencing skills
- proven ability to design and deliver training for individuals and groups
- ability to problem solve within a legislative and ethical framework
- advanced interpersonal and communication skills
- ability to deal with sensitive matters requiring a high degree of accuracy, confidentiality and probity in their management
- empathy with the values and ethos of the Catholic faith
Further details can be obtained from the Role Description.
Please submit your application via SEEK and include
To discuss this role, please contact Peter Simpson, Director: Human Resources, Toowoomba Catholic Schools Office, by email Peter.Simpson@twb.catholic.edu.au or by phone (07) 4637 1400.