Academy: Leeds East Academy
Job Title: Student Receptionist
Grade: A1/3 ( £15,080 - £15,689) Pro Rata - TTO 5 Days
Accountable to: Office Manager
Leeds East Academy is a diverse and vibrant school community which has recently been judged as ‘Good’ across all areas of the Ofsted framework. In the Ofsted report inspectors commented; 'Leaders' aspirations for the school are high. They are determined that all of their pupils, regardless of background, will achieve as highly as possible. Leaders have created an ambitious and optimistic culture across the school'. The school has been on a rapid journey of improvement securing a progress 8 score in 2018 in line with the national average. Housed within a state-of-the-art school building, Leeds East Academy is now the premier choice of school for families in the local area. Leeds East Academy is also a highly desirable and dynamic establishment for ambitious education professionals, who will be joining a forward thinking organisation committed to securing the highest educational, professional and personal standards for the community we serve.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious individual to join our team. To manage Student Reception with the highest levels of professionalism and efficiency, supporting with the attendance and behaviour of students.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Retrieving telephone messages/emails, taking telephone messages and dealing with basic telephone enquiries
- Liaising with students/staff/parents on a daily basis
- Signing in and out of parents complying with LEA safeguarding protocols
- Provide an excellent customer service to parents, colleagues and visitors to the academy
- Run trips and events, collate letters and information and take payments, keeping a precise record
- Maintain and manage the Uniform shop, planners, stationary; ensuring stock is accounted for and distributed
- Maintain and manage the Reward shop, ensuring stamps are collated and deducted from Behaviour Watch
- Assist the attendance team with any late students
- Minute meetings of students reintegrating back to school after a period of fixed term exclusion
- Co-ordinate planned interventions/Internal exclusion for students who have failed to adhere to academy expectations as well as those from other partnership academies
Part of The White Rose Academies Trust - the most rapidly improved family of schools in the region - Leeds East Academy is accelerating on a thrilling journey, which will ultimately see the school, its staff and its students, secure an Ofsted rating of outstanding.
We're securing our vision for Outstanding by growing our family of exceptional education professionals; dedicated specialists and passionate leaders with the shared goal of transforming future prospects for the next generation in West Yorkshire.
We provide exceptional life training; harnessing the skills and fortifying the aspirations of young people, who we know will transform the region and provide a positive, progressive contribution to society.
The White Rose Academies Trust is a local Trust dedicated to raising and fulfilling the ambitions of young people. Our academies throughout Leeds are at the heart of the communities they serve, which is why we are committed to delivering an outstanding education to every one of our students.
The Trust employs almost 400 outstanding professionals who are committed to unlocking the potential of the next generation.
We benefit hugely from our sponsor, Leeds City College which, along with the White Rose Academies Trust, is part of the Luminate Education Group. Other members of the group include Leeds College of Music, Keighley College and Harrogate College. Our sponsor provides leadership and operational support and advice to all our academies. They also share our vision of creating a truly outstanding Trust.
Closing Date: 20th January 2020 – 9.00 am
Shortlisting: W/C 20th January 2020
Interview Date: 23rd / 24th January 2020
Start Date: ASAP
For more information, please visit our website at www.leedseastacademy.org.uk
To apply, please complete the application form by the closing date of Monday 20th January 2020 – 9.00 am. Please note we are unable to accept CV’s.
The White Rose Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments will be subject to Safer Recruitment procedures and a DBS check.
PLEASE NOTE THE REQUIREMENT TO ATTACH YOUR APPLICATION FORM AS A SEPARATE DOCUMENT TO YOUR EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES FORM WHEN EMAILING YOUR APPLICATION TO US.