We are the best performing Boys’ Grammar School in Medway
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is the best performing Multi Academy Trust for KS4 progress
“Holcombe Grammar School deliver an inspiring curriculum” – Ofsted April 2018
Our recent Ofsted inspection has judged the schools as securely GOOD. We develop resilience and determination in the students’ learning and have been recognised for the good progress being made. We have set a culture of high expectations for all our pupils.
Student Services Manager
Full time, term time plus 5 days
Employer: Holcombe Grammar School
Salary: TSAT Grade E (£24,586-£27,671 FTE)
Location: Medway, Kent
Start Date: September 2018
What we can offer you:
· Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
· Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding practice through resources, mentoring and school visits
· Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes at Thinking Fitness
· Onsite parking free of charge
Your new role:
The key focus of this post is to ensure that every child is supported to achieve their full potential through an effective and efficient student services team that both challenge and support appropriately. You will be responsible for reporting to the Associate Leader (ELA) progress towards the Every Child Achieves outcomes. Ensuring pupils are safe and secure, behaviour is consistently good and the school has a calm and purposeful environment, attendance and punctuality are significantly improved, and pupil well-being is effectively supported. You will be trained as a DCPC for the Academy and liaise with the TSAT safeguarding, attendance and wellbeing manager on induction Child Protection training, and ensure there is continuous INSET on child Protection for all staff throughout the year as appropriate. In addition, you will be responsible for the monitoring with the AL and TSAT manager data on attendance, exclusion or disengagement/poor behaviour that is impacting on pupil progress of vulnerable groups – Pupil premium, SA, SEND, and BME. You will monitor Pupil Premium/BME/SEND groups to ensure these groups are not disproportionally represented in absence, inclusion/isolation and exclusions.
What you’ll need to succeed:
You will be dedicated to ensuring all of our pupils achieve their very best, have high expectations for yourself and the children, have a positive outlook and interpersonal skills.
The ideal candidate will have:
· Good/high level of education
Experience and Skills:
· Competent understanding of Pupil premium, SA, SEND, BME
· Competent understanding of safeguarding, CAFs, attendance, healthcare plans
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience of Line Management responsibility within a Student Services team and particularly in relation to the Law and school Attendance.
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience of First Aid Lead, budget and record keeping and responsibility for all Student Health care plans.
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience in supporting students and staff in safeguarding, including allegations against staff
· Demonstrable experience of effective working relationship with outside agencies
· Demonstrable experience of working with challenging students and parents
· Demonstrable experience of working closely with Senior Management Team
· Experience of working with very challenging behaviour / challenging students
Additional Experience and Skills:
· Working knowledge of Behaviour Watch
· Knowledge of Exclusion from school and legal requirements in relation to vulnerable groups.
· Peer Mediators and Peer Mentors
· Mental Health in Young People particularly self-harm
· Use of school sanctions and in particular internal exclusions
· Student presentation in relation to uniform, make-up, hair styles and Jewellery
· Contacting parents in relation to student breaches of school policy and related consequences
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in our school, benefitting from a supportive network of teachers across our large academy and our Trust and you are keen to progress your career and join at the start of a new and exciting time for this academy, then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.